Lead or ceramic weights

Discussion in 'Castnet(s)' started by orion_xxvx, Mar 27, 2008.

1. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I bout a net last year that had some kind of ceramic weights on the bottom. They weren't nearly as heavy and net tended to not open as well. Has anyone else found this to be a problem?

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hey rob my buddy gave me a 6 foot net with these coated looking weights on it. turns out it was steel, but coated in some kind of blue shrink tubing type stuff. the net was great (mono) but it didn't stay open or sink fast. i might still have it laying around somewhere, as i have gone back to my lead weighted nets.

3. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    yep the steel weights do not sink as fast, i can net twice as many shad with the lead weighted net

4. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    I like the lead sinkers.

5. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    I ripped my old net friday, and went to wal-mart to get another. All they have now are those rubber looking things. I dont like them myself. Like the other guys said they dont sink fast at all. I'm thinking about using my lead of the old one

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks for the reviews-I have one o dem funny nets and think it will be getting a high-water mod on it befor I use it much more.HMMMMMMM:confused2: