Lead melting pot

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by bnt55, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Just wondering if anyone has one they would like to part with....I have about 200 lbs of tires weights that needs to be melted down into ingots.:crazy:

Thanks
    Bill

2. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Sorry I don't have one to sell, but I just use a cast iron pot over a propane burner. Nothing fancy but it gets the job done.

3. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    been doing the same however it would be nice to plug it in and walk away.

4. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Sprry I dont have one to sell. But Cabelas has bottom pour for $49.99 that i justt bought online yester day!!

5. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    melting 200lbs of wheel weights in the little electric burner would take a long long time not to mention being pain in the but........when i melt down wheel weights i use a old ast iron dutch oven over a propane turkey fryer burner. it is the fastest way

6. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Use a old cast iron pot and melt them down and pour into corn muffin pans or regular muffin pans.

As far as walking away - Never did sinker pouring where you can just walk away from it for too long unless you got somebody there to help watch it!

7. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Thanks guys for the responses! after seeing the wisdom of the experienced I have opted for a Lee melting pot from cabelas and my old bulk method involving much heat and a cast iron pot....sometimes you just cant beat simplicity:smile2:

Mods can delete now.

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Bill !! From what I have been told the tire weights will mess up the pour spout on the bottom pour melting pots. The lead needs to be cleaned and melted down into ingots before it is used in the melting pots. Hope this saves ya from messing up a good melting pot.

9. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Your right Ken Good Advice

10. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    I have been melting away...have about 60 lbs in lead ingots alot more to melt.....thanks for the tip.

11. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    You need to clean the wheel weights down before using the lee pot to pour. But after you have cleaned them you can use wheel weight lead in the pot as i do 4 to 6 ton a year out of two lee 20lb pots.

12. mamaita

mamaita New Member

State:
    tennesse
    a coffee can works good throw away when done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.