Lead Head party

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Sunbird, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Does anyone have molds for making sinkers that they would be willing to share? I have a do-it mold for flat sinkers 1/2 oz. thru 3 oz. I have lots of lead (100 lbs.), but not the molds. Maybe a get together sometime for making lead weights. Post you ideas and let's see what we can come up with. Thanks!

2. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    I don't, but that is like a good idea. Lead party. One brings molds, another brings material. Good way to save $$$ too. I'm starting to run low on egg sinkers that I make my drifting snake weights with. These egg sinkers are 3-8ths of an inch long. I completly bought out a guy from the Anderson Jockey Lot in 2002 of this size egg sinkers back then, since these things are so rare to find that size. Sure wish someone had a mold for that. Good luck Sunbiird and hopefully we will be fishing on the lake soon.
    Jonathan

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    I've got a mold for egg sinkers up to 3 oz. You're more than welcome to borrow it Jon.:wink:

4. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Am I supposed to believe that NONE of you have molds? I don't!! :eek:oooh:
    Ok, Does my breath smell that bad? Matt=MUTE!!! I am looking for jig molds and egg molds, Pop Pop I got your contribution of your mold. Come on!!! :wink:

5. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Yeah yeah, that proves that you can't keep me off your mind. And no, I don't have a mold for egg sinkers....BUT, I can still get 3/8oz sinkers. They sell 'em up here in Greenwood at Sportsman's Friend. 20 sinkers for $3.99. $4.99 if I need to go get 'em for ya....you know, CatJack Tax. :smile2: So when's the party? I'll bring the doilies.....

6. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I spent the last three hours pouring lead, I am sure that I should not be seeing triple or is that double times two minus one? Either way I gotta go and run this pink zebra off the porch, it keeps licking the window!

I am a schizophrenic and so am I!!! :wink: Now, where is my taser? :eek:oooh:

7. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Pink zebra? You're seeing reflections again, man. I thought you enjoyed the windows a little too much....You rode the short bus too, right?

8. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    ROFL! You two are insane... We can feel the love...

9. BAREFOOTFISHN

BAREFOOTFISHN New Member

State:
    SC
    I DON'T HAVE A MOLD BUT I KNOW WHERE YOU CAN BUY ONE BUT IT'S IN FAYITTVILLE NC AND IT MOLDS 1/4 OZ UP TO 5 OZ IT COST ABOUT $40 IF THAT IDEA IS NO GOOD MY FATHER AND I JUST BOUGHT 50 4 OZ EGGS FOR $28 OFF THE INTERNET ANY WHY GOOD LUCK :wink:

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I just bought me a melting pot, I will try my hand at some sinker making. It actually sounds like fun

11. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Good ventilation a must or you too will be seeing the pink Zebra!!:eek:oooh::smile2:
    Gloves is also a GREAT idea! Happy smelting!:wink:

12. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Hey genius, how'd you come to acquire THAT knowledge? :wink:

13. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Insane, yes. Love, no. That's the passing wind off of the big ol' globs of s*** we throw at each other.

14. bigbigjoe76

bigbigjoe76 New Member

State:
    Gilbert, South Carolina
    Ok.......that answers my question as to why I only see that darn Zebra when I have the pot fired up.... As to gloves, why use em, you gonna get burned anyway.......

i got a hilts egg- 1.5,2,2.5,4 doit noroll-1,1.5,2,3 doit river pancake-2,3,4

Joe

15. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    I've seen pink animals before too and the voices in my head told me to run. Then again another voice said get the gun...lol