Lead core line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by santeecat12, Apr 12, 2007.

1. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    have yall ever heard of lead core line and if you have then what exactly is it made out of cause i got a bass pro shops/cabelas and i was just wandering what it was made out of and will it hold up to a lot of fish and if it does will it work good for catfish and carp.

2. Rhinospawn

Rhinospawn New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Don't waste your money!!!!

lead core line is basicly a heavy gauge wire inside a braided type line. it has color changes evrey 20 feet or so . so you can tell how much you have out.

it is intended for trolling and lead heavy to bring it closer to the bottom or to that effect.

I threw mine away. I won't even use it for trolling again..

that is my thoughts.. good cattin..

3. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Lead core is not good for catfishing but it might be of a small advantage drift fishing.
    Jake

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Back before the days of downriggers, there were quite a few ways developed to get your bait/lure further down when trolling: wire line, lead core line, planer boards, and sinker drops are the ones that I can think of right off the bat. If you're trolling, lead core line isn't too bad. It's pretty stiff, as you would probably expect, since it's got a center of lead wire; and don't even try to cast with it. Might work pretty well for drifting, where you want to get the bait down without having a sinker drag the bottom and get hung up, but you're talking about having a rod & reel set up for just lead core line. It's made to drag behind the boat, and it's not much good for anything else.

5. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    thanks for all the info guys and i am not going to buy that crap cause it is a waste of money.

6. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Young Brother Harley;
    I see that you have already made your decision.:smile2:
    Brother Trew explains Lead Core lines very distinctly and you should remember what he told you for future reference.:smile2:
    Have Fun Fishing. I hope we read about you getting a 60+ pound Blue!
    Fraternally and Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]