Lazy Sunday afternoon

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by crittcocatman, Apr 23, 2009.

1. crittcocatman

crittcocatman New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hey, I just wanted to tell everyone about my weekend. Normally I run a throw line in the Tyronza River that flows behind my house. I have it out most of the Spring and anytime my freezer gets a bare spot. I catch mostly channels and small blues with an occasional flat in the Spring on cut bait. It had been a solid week since I had cought anything at all(unusual). So Saturday I decided to triple my efforts and I set another line in the Tyronza and one in the St. Francis nearby. Finally Saturday evening I broke the drought with a nice eater about 2or3 lbs. Sunday I woke up to find another eater on the other line in the Tyronza. I even cought one on a pole at my house. All the while being skunked on the bigger St. Francis. So after morning Church service I checked all my lines with no luck, but I needed to rinse my bucket that my refuse goes into to feed the turtles. So I decided it would be a good idea to stand on the roots of the tree that my line was tied to in order to reach the river water, well it turns out that I picked a dead root to stand on and Ker-plunk, I went in with cell phone, wallet and all. On top of all that I re-injured my arm that I hurt two weeks prior, trying in vain to stop myself from falling and getting out of the river. So I got cleaned up, went to Bible study and evening Church service and came home. It was still daylight, barely, so off I went to check my lines and pull in the two that I don't normally run. First I checked my line at my house. I've got it tied to a sapling that moves easily and don't have much weight on it, but it was on the bank and the tree was dancing a jig. Wow, must be a good one. Still nursing my arm, I started pulling lefty. This is a big one, there is his head... It's a monster. That fish can't be in this muddy little stream, but it was... A 45 lb blue. My personal best. I had to show my wife and kids so I drug it up the bank(about 25 ft in elevation and 100 ft in distance) with my good arm and showed him off. I tried to post a picture, but the file is too big, I will research how to resize and post later. Just had to brag a bit. Thanks for reading my novel and Happy Fishing!

Attached Files:

2. jde512

jde512 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Sounds like a good one. Looking forward to the pictures.

3. crittcocatman

crittcocatman New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thanks for resizing the picture for me Verlon.​

4. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    your pic was a little dark. couldnt' see the fish too good so I lightened it up a little.

Attached Files:

5. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Also.. would just like to welcome ya to the BOC and also invite ya to the Arkansas BOC gathering to be held at De Gray May 1st thru the 3rd.. We will be at the state park in area C ... if ya can't join us for the entire weekend maybe you can come visit and meet everyone on Saturday.

Again.. welcome to the BOC

6. crittcocatman

crittcocatman New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thanks for the invitation, but I'm afraid I will probably be working. I'm a farmer and we are just getting in the fields. It's a bit late and we will be trying to make up for lost time. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable time.

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jerry.

8. catkid

catkid New Member

State:
    Lone Oak, Texas
    nice