Layout Blind

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by Wil, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    Ok so my buddy and me are finally getting into field hunting for geese and i need a layout blind. Im on a budget and the cabelas website doesnt have anything decent for less than 180... My question is this. Does anyone have an old layout blind (preferably somekind of cornstock camo pattern) that they dont need anymore? I would like something thats in pretty decent shape that i can get for a good price. any help is appreciated

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    PM sent,its budget friendly.:Happy:

3. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
  4. hook'em

hook'em New Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    go to the rogers sporting goods website and order a final approach pro guide eliminator in field brown. Should run you around $150 and they are the best built layout blind made. Rogers is located in Liberty, MO.

hook'em

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    thats actually a little more than im looking to spend. im on a budget... i know i cant get much for less then that but doesnt hurt in looking

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Garret,Welcome to the USCA,My way is cheaper by far ,but it aint fancy. plain ole burlap,used it for years as a professional guide. works great ,lasts a few years ,and ya throw it away and buy new when needed. When I was a waterfoul guide there were no fancy layout blinds available to the public.

7. idahocatfisherman

idahocatfisherman New Member

State:
    idaho
    ok here is what i do for a layout blind it primitive but will work get yourself a door hinge some 2x4 and a some ply wood and some spray paint to camo it and some burlap about your height plus a foot give or take build the legs with the 2x4's make them about a foot to foot and a half when it sits at an angle its shorter. and cut the ply wood to just a bit over the width of your shoulders and from the top of your head to your waist for the length attach the legs to the ply wood with the hinge and use the burlap to cover yourself with and put some local grass and dirt on th burlap.. if your interested and wanna see a picture of what i have set up just message me.. this set up should run you less then 50 dollars

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  8. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    They had a sell on some the other day for 75.00 at Uncle lee's sporting goods in greenvile Ky.I am not sure if they have any left but they had some in camo and some in brown.Here is a link to their website and their phone number.Good luck

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2010
  9. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    i would recomend getting one in field kahki. in my opinion its easier to hide in different types of fields, atleast where i hunt it is because we hunt both pastures and crop fields. the corn camo is good if your hunting corn fields but if you go to hunt in a pasture it will stick out more.

10. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    At Uncle lees they had alot of the final approach foiles signature series left at that price but only in khaki , they also have them on amazon for 90.00.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.