Lay-offs

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by JPritch, Jan 8, 2009.

1. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I've received plenty of prayers from my family and friends over the past month, and I just wanted to let you all know they've been answered!

My employer announced they would be laying off 1000 employees worldwide, 550 in my division, 140 of which in my home town. I came in this morning to work and people were getting called upstairs to HR left and right. Nobody could work, eat, nothing. Everybody was just worried.

Well I'm happy to announce that I did not get layed off and neither did anybody on my team! I would have been in a bad spot if I'd have been laid off.

If you all could send a prayer for those who have been layed off, not just here, but all over the country, for them to get back on their feet as soon as possible, that would be awesome.

Thanks everyone!

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    That's awesome!!! I know you must have a big load off of you now. Life has a funny way of working out. :cool2:

3. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Glad you didn't get put in that position, times are so hard right now, I sure feel for everyone facing these problems. It's a rough old world out there right now.

4. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Great news Josh. Seems like the whole U.S.A is sitting on pins and needles. Glad to hear you dodged the bullet on this one. Will continue to pray for everyone out there that 2009 will be prosperous for all and that those less than fortunate that everything works out in the end

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Joshua were proud to hear you dodged the bullet. Prayers for your city and the workers laid off.

6. bellymeat

bellymeat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Just thank the Lord for your situation. God wants us to praise Him in good times and bad.

Sooooo many people are hurting right now, financially, emotionally and spiritually. Some feel like God let them down.

Lets pray for their spirits to be uplifted. Show your love and compassion.

If any of you guys or gals know of a family thats hurting, fix them a dinner, pay a bill for them, drop off some groceries, etc....

No one should go hungry and hurting if lazy (you know what) Christians would do what they are supposed to do!

Off soap box now.

God Bless....
    Ron

7. biggknotts

biggknotts New Member

State:
    VA
    i was upset when i didnt get laid off cause i could collect more from unemployment the car bus. isn't exactly booomin but glad to hear things worked out

8. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    i will certinaly pray for all those laid off people. it is hard right now for alot of people, good people, from all walks of life. i am happy that u still have a job and i pray that things will get better everybody affected by the bad economy soon.

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thank the Lord brother! That is really good news for you and your team! My tohughts and prayers go out to those who got layed off. May the Lord bless them through this time.