LAY LAKE CATS

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by KATKING911, Mar 10, 2008.

1. KATKING911

KATKING911 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    HAS ANYONE BEEN FISHING LAY LAKE LATLEY???? THE PIC OF ME (IN ORANGE) CAME FROM LAY FEB. 29, 2008 ON SKIP JACK.. IF YOU HAVE ANY POINTERS I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR AND ILL SHARE THE SAME..

JORDAN

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I hadn't tried Lay before, hope to maybe this summer, mostly fish AL river and Jordan. Looks like you do pretty good at Lay...:big_smile:

3. KATKING911

KATKING911 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    WE DO DECENT. THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR THAT WE ARE TRYING ROD AND REEL FISHING, IN THE PAST WE HAVE JUST USED TROTLINE, WE ARE ALSO STARTING JUGGIN

4. bluekatz

bluekatz New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I've been fishing Lay since the first of March... we remodeled a place on Cedar Creek and we finnaly moved in... water temp is 59-60 degrees and the depth off the pier is only about 6 feet--- right on the flats off the creek channel... in fact I'm fishin right now! and I caught a small yeller cat a few minutes ago on a black salty - 30inches or so... last week before the front we caught a couple of real nice blues one prob better than 20 pounds... this lake is the best.. I used to fish it a few years ago and have several in the40-50 pound class... lots and lots of big blues.! I'll upload a pic if I catch a big un tonight!

See ya

Kevin

P.S. here's how a lazzzzzzy guy fishes.... couple of rods posted on the end of the pier.. couple of salty's swimming on some circle hooks... a big spot light to poke out the window of the house and check the lines.. and a big chair in front of a tv with an ice cold glass of tea.... it doesnt get any better than this...

5. mostowage

mostowage New Member

State:
    nebraska
    hey thats cool lots of luck