Lawton

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by catfishcrazyjr, Aug 16, 2006.

1. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i will be in lawton from thurs. till next fri. any body know any good fishin around there or that can show me there local water lookin for some good cats or hybrids

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Its been awhile since I was in Oklahoma. I used to goto the lawton cache areas a lot when my grand mother was alive. I can't recall a big lake but I kind of remember fishing a bunch of ponds I want to say are in are around Medicene Park. I think there are some guys in that area so maybe one of them will get to you before you go. Oh let me add we caught a lot a catfish, bass and bream.And even got an upclose visit by a herd of buffalo that something spooked and had to get in the water to keep from getting stampeded.

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Lake Ellsworth is probably the best bet in that area

4. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Jeremy, I met Josh (gsrock) up there last Friday night and we fished Ellsworth. We only caught a couple, but I'm convinced that it's a darn fine lake. I'm gonna be back many times in the future. We caught bait by the dam, and caught our fish a little bit northwest of the dam by some timber.

This fall I plan on hitting Ellsworth several times. If the fishing is as good as I think it'll be, it will probably become one of my favorite places to fish.

5. GS-Rock

GS-Rock New Member

State:
    FORT SILL, OK
    i live in lawton, we can go fishing tomorrow if you want pm me and i will shoot you an e mail