Lawson Reservior

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by spcmitchell28, Apr 15, 2008.

1. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    Has anyone fish this reservior? If so have you been having any luck? I am coming home on leave Sunday and was thinking about throwing out a couple lines to see what happens.:tounge_out:

2. bhuey29

bhuey29 New Member

State:
    Excelsior SpringsMissouri
    I have fished it quite frequently.

For small pan sized cats fish on the far side of the dam fish towards the cat-tails with liver at night. MANY 3-6 pounders

BIG CATS - off the old dam on the point towards the boat ramp with bluegill or fresh cut shad at night. I have taken 2 20+ returned both back for next time.

Crappie - center of the damn around the pump station with jigs or minnows all day better in the morning. all sizes.

Have not really fished it for bass so cant help you there.

Hope this helps. Heard rumor that they did a survey and found over 50 fish that were 20+ they also tagged many REWARD fish I have a buddy that has caught 2...... Best of luck.

3. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    Were they all channels? Thanks, I will definately be out there when I come home on leave :smile2:

4. bhuey29

bhuey29 New Member

State:
    Excelsior SpringsMissouri
    Small ones are almost always channels have not caught many small flathead but the 2 big ones were flathead. A friend of mine and I will drop a couple 8-10 in each year that are caught from the river. Good luck.

5. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
  6. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    thanks for the info. I have caught many small bass in the southeast finger. but nothing big. i mainly fish there for cats and crappie.

7. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Now is this the Lawsow up by Holt, Mo? I might heave to head that way?

8. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    Yeah its a small reservior right outside of lawson, mo close to holt

9. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    In my neck of the woods,but have no clue....howwabbatta a map?

10. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    I dont know about a map but I can give directions. 69 hwy to D hwy going east into lawson. then turn to the north which is a left turn on North Raum. (north raum is the road right before you get tothe second railroad overpass) then follow n. raum across the wooden bridge then look to your right and you will see the lake. the first right will take you into the parking lot and boat ramp. No gas motors allowed in the water because it is water used for drinking water for lawson. so please dont poison my family haha. I took my son out on friday. a few bites but mainly the cold wind biting. good luck

11. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    What's the direction?