Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have fished it quite frequently.

For small pan sized cats fish on the far side of the dam fish towards the cat-tails with liver at night. MANY 3-6 pounders

BIG CATS - off the old dam on the point towards the boat ramp with bluegill or fresh cut shad at night. I have taken 2 20+ returned both back for next time.

Crappie - center of the damn around the pump station with jigs or minnows all day better in the morning. all sizes.

Have not really fished it for bass so cant help you there.

Hope this helps. Heard rumor that they did a survey and found over 50 fish that were 20+ they also tagged many REWARD fish I have a buddy that has caught 2...... Best of luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Small ones are almost always channels have not caught many small flathead but the 2 big ones were flathead. A friend of mine and I will drop a couple 8-10 in each year that are caught from the river. Good luck.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I dont know about a map but I can give directions. 69 hwy to D hwy going east into lawson. then turn to the north which is a left turn on North Raum. (north raum is the road right before you get tothe second railroad overpass) then follow n. raum across the wooden bridge then look to your right and you will see the lake. the first right will take you into the parking lot and boat ramp. No gas motors allowed in the water because it is water used for drinking water for lawson. so please dont poison my family haha. I took my son out on friday. a few bites but mainly the cold wind biting. good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.