Laws For Every Danged Thing

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by badams, Sep 3, 2008.

1. badams

badams New Member

State:
    california
    Theres a little lake at the top of the Grapevine called Quail Lake. You take 138 East off of the 5 for just a couple of miles. Theres a spillway where the Ca. Aquaduct dumps into it. Every fish I've seen or heard about being caught from there was right at 7 pounds. Stripers or channel cats. The thing about it is that theres about a 3 mile walk involved in getting to it. Nice place to park,Andy Gump crappers ,nice new asphalt road going right to it and about 5 signs saying" no bicycles" Aint that the sh--s? It would take all of 5 minutes to get to it on a bike. Makes a man tempted to unbolt the signs,throw em in the lake and jump on the old bicycle. What signs officer? A buddy of mine who fished there some time back said he wanted some 7 pound cats but the 7 pound stripers wouldnt let his bait get down to em. Thats a good 7 pounds of trouble I rectum. Damn the laws anyway.
    Next thing you know you'll need an OSHA approved fart baffle before you can break wind legally

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    No bicycles huh. What about those personal assistance scooters? :big_smile:

4. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    hoverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrounddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    gotta love it huh? some idiot on mountain bike probably took off the trail, and people complained. also, the "GREEN INVIROMENTAL PEOPLE" Ca is famous for just had to jump in again.
    just one more reason why i moved out of that state. :smile2:
    gary

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    That really sucks bro!:confused2:The way I figure it, Sportsmen are the original conservarionist. Those tree huggers are not.

7. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Interestingly enough, Quail Lake was a natural vernal pond there long before it was used as a storage for the power plant at the inlet to Pyramid lake. The lake now belongs to the City of L.A. water and power.
    And yes, fishing the lake does require a good walk if you want to fish the inlet area.

Last time I fished Quail I parked behind the lake and walked down hill to fish it. Shortened the walk considerably but there was the walk uphill at the end of the day, not the easiest thing for someone with my difficulties walking.

8. badams

badams New Member

State:
    california
    You've got that right Daystarchris. Most of them dont realise that deer tags are given out for a reason. I dont know about anyone else but I'd prefer a bullet over starving to death? Too many laws and too many over zealous people to enforce them. No dogs on the beach. No dogs off leash in the country. Pick up its crap. Now thats a real doozie. I'd rather step in it than pick it up with my hand whether a plastic bags around it or not. Uh uh. Not this old boy

9. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I usually just park there for the night.... check out the "shooting stars" do some fishing from the near canal if it is high enough..... one time rode my electric scooter to the inlet area to check it out.. small stripers..... so give me a ticket........"what a waste of resources"... like Lake Mathews... private Metropolitan water district lake..... VIPS only....

Bayrunner Ray

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali

LOL!!!!!!! you got that right brother!