Lavon, eater day Saturday

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by FishBrew, Dec 9, 2006.

1. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Water temp 46 degrees, wind 10 - 15, air temp 7AM 31 degrees.
    Me and my partner went out this morning, off the lake by 2, caught over 20, the pic in the back of my truck is the 15 I kept. Most caught in 4 foot of water. Going back out tomorrow, need some more eaters. Mom called this week and gave me the ole, "When you come down for Christmas, your 70 something mom would like a fish fry." I asked how many are we feeding? (wrong question) She replied, "How much you gonna bring?" ... :0a23:

Attached Files:

2. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Those are some good looking eaters.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thanx for sharein the pics and story. Just remember. You asked! LOL!

4. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    looks like u had good weekend too!

5. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    nice looking cats for sure!! did ya'll fish with shad?

jerry

6. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    We did until we ran out, stopped fishing then. If I can help it, shad is all I use. Will go to buffalo, carp, shrimp in a pinch.
    Sunday went to Lewisville, caught some more eaters there, so the freezer is stocked pretty good now. Luckly I got a good supply of big shad Sunday afternoon. So I'm set for this coming weekend, gonna try and land a hog. May drift a little more but with the warm up this week, I may go shallow ... love it when the bait clickers scream!!

7. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    it's just something about a bait clicker!..good luck to ya this weekend,me and the better half will be heading to SC for christmas friday,but we'll be on the water as soon as we get back !!..ya'll be safe,and have a merry christmas.

jerry

8. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i am camped at lafon's right now on lake lavon. where did you put the boat in. i went to the 3 ramps we usually use and all are so far out of water i thought i was in arizona. in the spring i did real good up here but all the water is gone now.