Lavon 2/04

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by FishBrew, Feb 4, 2007.

1. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Went with tourny partner (Scott) to get in a quick, little pre Super Bowl fishing and take some lake pics for a future purpose. Boated maybe a dozen or so fish. Missed a good one right at the boat, 30 plus pounder wrapped up on a stump and tore off. Almost no wind (not a good sign), water temps from 38 - 42 degrees. Most fish caught between 7 and 10 foot deep. All blues and one channel. I'll post a few of the lake pics as well.

2. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    pics of fish ....

Attached Files:

3. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    lake and bird pics ....

Attached Files:

4. brent

brent New Member

State:
    texas
    nice pics jason...have ya'll had a chance to prefish robert

5. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    nice trip, i am heading up that way in the first part of march to visit my daughter in allen and will be fishing out there. good luck at the tournament.

6. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    have not prefished Roberts yet ... maybe this weekend. I've never been on Ray Roberts, bought a map this weekend. Good greif at the structure, shallow and deep, that just the map shows. Gonna try to pick an area, section and stick to it.

Tuffish, give me a holler when you come up, I'll see if I can meet you at the ramp.

7. cajundan

cajundan New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm thinking of heading to ray bob this weekend as well. If you've never been on that lake you are going to be surprised. I know where some spots are so if'n you want to follow me your more than welcome to. The lake is low so i'll be idling a bunch. I'm not used to it being like this and there are stumps where there used to not be any.

8. brent

brent New Member

State:
    texas
    i know what you mean about the timber. my buddy paul guides out there and we used to fly about 50mph through the trees and you could reach out and touch them and he wont even launch now