Launched from tanners last night

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Flootie16, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went out of tanners creek last night and proceeded to the power plant to get bait only to find they werent running any water. so i got maybe 4 skips after casting forever and threw the net around and netted a few shad. so i ran up to the great miami which is plum loaded with shad. I then rana littl further up river and started drifting. it was a pretty good night. I caught a bunch of blues. they were scattered but when they hit man did they hit! I didnt stay out as long as normal cuz it was cold and its boring being by yourself and being cold didnt help. I didnt take any pictures this trip since i forgot my camera at the house. There were a few that were picture worthy. biggest around 30. so now its a tought whether or not ill fish the tourney in the morning

2. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    GOING TOM. AT DAYLIGHT GOING TO STAY UNTILL DARK.
    MAN I BET YOU WERE COLD BUT IF YOUR CATCHING FISH THAT HELPS KEEP YOU WARM GOING TO TAKE THE CAMERA TOM. SO I WILL HAVE PICTURES TO POST.

3. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    your partner didnt show up?

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Naw. my partner had some shit come up. Said they wasnt feeling good....i think the cold just scared em. chicken!!!!:smile2:

5. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Good job Steve.
    I didn't know you were launching from Tanner's, you'll have to teach me how to get on the winter blues sometime. :smile2:

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    James id be more than happy to take you out sometime. And yeah I normally do launch from Tanners. Even tho i live in rising sun, i still drive up to lawrenceburg. But come winter time Ill probably be fishing below markland and up in the Kentucky River. I do have some good places up by u and around Lawrenceburg too so we can make a trip out of it. When I drift fish i normally only like one other person on the boat. but when i anchor three of us can go with no problem.

7. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for the post, and glad that you got out to enjoy the river....

Bayrunner Ray

8. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    I AINT NO CHICKEN :angry::angry::angry::angry: haha next time Steve next time.. and get me on those pb's :cool2:

9. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    IM WAITING! Tried again tonight and noooooo had to go to indy for a halloween part! your the one scared of catching a new pb not me! be a trooper and stand the cold! :smile2:

10. Beacher

Beacher New Member

State:
    indiana
    well its 330 in the moring already up can't sleep getting ready to head foor tanners thanks for the info steve hopefully me and my partner do good in tourney !!

11. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    good luck beacher!

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like a good outing! Congrats on the catch. Look forward to catching a few of em myself down that way! rollo