Launch Fees Fair Or Not???

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Nov 22, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Personally, I don't mind paying license fees, and raising fees, as long as it's going towards something I can see. However, I know many citys are charging launch tickets up to anywhere from 5-15 dollars I hear. If I was a local having to pay this, it would greatly upset me! Outdoorsmen pay to pursue by state costs each year.., but shouldn't have to pay each time to go!. Just my opinion... rollo

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  2. CatRwalln

CatRwalln New Member

State:
    United States
    Pay to launch and get your shovel out and clean up the garbage and other trash so you don't have to walk in it.:angry:

3. CatRwalln

CatRwalln New Member

State:
    United States
    You should move this over to General Discussion as a poll to see how many folks are pissed.

4. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield

It cost money to maintain boat docks and launch ramps, as long as reasonable why not pay..boat tags and registration dont cover those fee's.

5. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i don't have a problem with launch fees around here.there only 2 or 3 dollars , the ones i've seen.and they go towards up keep of ramp & lake.but 5-15$,now that would get the dander up.

6. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    *** I agree with lunch fee's that are reasonable!! is what i should have said..$3-5 is ok $15 hell no..unless it is guarded and patrolled***

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't have a problem paying a couple bucks here and there. But 10 or 15 dollars a pop! That is too much in my opinion! I know things need to be maintained, but thats alittle rediculous! rollo

8. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    i agree 100%

9. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    We have to pay a $2 fee on COE ramps, the state ramps are free (where I fish) and the COE does have a few free ramps. You can buy a yearly pass. If you are camping in a park, then its free.

10. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    thats the fairest system i have seen... if they sell a yearly pass that is affordable i can agree with it, or a very cheep daily... otherwise it is a little ridiculous. 1-5 dollars i can see more than that for one launch is not fair ...

11. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    In Nebraska state parks we don't have to pay to launch a boat but we do have to pay for a daily or annual park sticker. I have been in a few parks that are ran by the corps of injuneers and every one of them charce a alunch fee but no park entry fee. I think it's fair to charge 1 or 2 $ a day if they don't charge a park entry fee.

12. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I dont mind if reasonable. Here in Henderson its $10 a year which seems fair enough. However if Im paying a city tax, I think it should be free. lol

13. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Here around Wilmington other than the wildlife ramp at wr ville bch it cost 15.00 during the week to put in your boat an 20.00 on the weekend at the only ramp that is still open on a dailey pass ,all other ramps charge a yearly fee of about 500.00 per boat to launch

14. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    I agree with you. We pay city taxes, state taxes, federal taxes, and i'm sure there are others. Add in the fact that we pay for a fishing license that is supposed to be used to maintain the areas that fishermen use. All of these taxes and yet they still expect us to pay to launch? Why not make the rest of the public pay for the cost of lake beaches? Instead, they use the very same license fee's to build a beach.

Makes sense, seeing that the majority of people that go to a beach do not fish and therefore don't buy a license that goes towards building their beach. There are also the licenses for those of us that have boats. I always wonder exactly where that money is going, if they can't afford a concrete ramp and some metal docks for us to use for free.

Beaches have been a hot point for me for a long while. Figuring in the charges for some launch ramps, and it's something I can 'discuss' for a some time. :big_smile:

15. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    For $500 a year, I think it would be cheaper to find someone on the Ohio river(for me of course) that has a dock that is not being used, and offer to pay them rent. Would also save me the cost of towing the boat that far.

If they tried that around here, I would have to park my boat and become a bank fisherman. Or, get a 12ft aluminum that I could launch by carrying it to the water.

16. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Heck for dockage around here you are looking at around 75-100 dollars a month for a 15 -24 foot boat

17. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    If you wanna fish, if you wanna launch from there, you have to pay for it.... somewhere. I am actually in favor of toll roads. They SEEM to be better maintained than others. I am comparing the West Virginia Turnpike to Ohio Interstates. The Ohio interstates are filthy with litter.... we need chain gangs...

18. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    500 a year!!! it better have covered parking and valet service

19. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Tolls roads, i'm against. Chain gangs, i'd definately be in favor of.:big_smile:

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Guess my thing is, a 2 or 4 dollar fee is reasonable. I have payed that! 10-15 like I have heard,,, thats WAY OVERBOARD!!! Think about the money spent to setup the trip out for one, then that on top of catching bait etc...???! rollo

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009