Launch Areas On Colorado River

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by BigRon92555, Jul 11, 2008.

1. BigRon92555

BigRon92555 New Member

State:
    Moreno Valley, California
    Hello Everyone,

This is my first post. I've gone to McIntyre Park and fished once in the back waters. No cats buy Blue Gills and Bass. Can anyone tell me how to get to the various Launching areas to get to any back waters. I'm in Moreno Valley and will be coming down the 10fwy. Any help would be appreciated. I want to catch my first catfish. :big_smile:

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Welcome to the BOC, Ron.

3. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I can help ya out. I'm not sure what your askin though. If you launched from mcyntire you should have had access to the river and that gives access to pretty much every back water. Are you looking for road directions? When do you plan on heading out here I can probably meet up with you and give you whatever directions you need.

4. Vulture

Vulture New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    If you Googel Earth the Colorado River you should see several areas to launch both on the Az and Ca side. Don't forget the Colorado River has several dams that block access to the majority of the river. The only way to get to the other spots is to pull anchor and re-launch. Stop by Yellow Mart in Blythe off of Hobson Way and pick up a Colorado River map. That should help you in locating various locations to launch.
    Hope this helps.