latest trip to the river

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by thecatman, Sep 7, 2008.

1. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    well guys i went and tried my luck again for flats at the same spot as last time and i think i found them heres how my night went got some good fresh shad for bait but couldnt find any gills anywhere so i got to the river through the net a couple of times after i had everything rigged up and managed to get 1 lowly gill :sad2:about 4in long put him on there and within 5 mins bam caught a nice flathead that went around 8-10lbs :smile2:not real sure on weight my scale seems to have grown legs and ran away lol other than that just caught a carp and a few gar then a coon decided he wanted to have some dinner and tried to join me

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    them ther coons like fish also

3. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    well i tried my luck again last night and boy was it worth it soon as i got there i hooked into a 5lbs flat then about 20 mins later i hooked into about a 7lb flat and then about 30mins later i caught about a 20lb flat the only bad thing all night was the fact that i lost a monster about 130 this mornin using a whole gizzard shad that was about 12-14in long had just set the hook on another fish(which i lost) and the reel with that shad starting singin lol too bad i didnt have time to set the hook before he was gone anyway all in all a great trip