Latest news on Johnny (my brother)

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Gator, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Ok here is the status so far. They got my brother in to surgery at about 1pm on Saturday and the surgery ended at about 245 am on Sunday. They thought everything went well. At about 9 am they opened him back up due to some bleeding and a clot. It goes like everything is going better now.

The doc said only 1 out of every 8 people who have a heart attack of this magnitude live and only 1 out every 9 of those don’t have any server nerve damage. Things are going better now and they are watching the legs for to make sure blood is flowing the way it should.

They had to completely reconstruct the Artery and both arties in the pelvic reign and the legs. They opened him from the bottom of the neck to just below the belly button. What they did is like doing 6 bypass at once to one person. We just hope that due to the amount of time they had to stop the blood flow there is no nerve damage. They stopped the blood flow his body for 39 minutes.

Once again thanks for all the prayers so much.

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    OK so far as of 11pm on Sunday it looks like there is very little nerve damage. They have woke him uo for about 3 minutes to check and then put him back under as he is in a lot of pain. God plese give thewill to get trough this. My little brother is 6' 6" and 240 # I have neve seen him look like this.

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Hang in there Jim...you know we are all with you and him. Prayers for strength to you and your whole family in this time of need, especially your brother.

4. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Our prayers continue for you and your family Jim. God Bless.

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Jim, there's nothing like the helpless feeling you get when seeing a loved one in your brother's condition. I know first hand.

It gets better real quick. He'll be in pain for awhile, but he'll look alot better real soon.

Hang with us Jim!

6. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    wow, god BLESS You and Your Brother. I pray for a speedy recovery.

7. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    We still praying for your brother. Just hang in there. It will take a while for him to recover but he'll get there.

8. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Man that makes for a long weekend, Jim I'm pulling for him just as hard as I can, I know what you are going through my dad has had 3 open heart surgury's and 3 heart attacks. but it sounds like he's in good hands, keep us informed.

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    He'll have no problems with someone like you in his corner.

10. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Big George with friends like you and the rest on here pulling for him I know he will have no problem pulling trough. But I have never seen any one as strong as him when it comes to keeping it togather, and to see him like this makes me feel so helpless. I have never felt this helpless befor in my life. I will post more as we know it.

We did fine out today that he will have a machine breathing for him for al least the next 10 to 15 days. That is scary to me.

11. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    It is scary to me too.Your Brother is my Brother.My heart and prayers are with you and your family.You have given so much to me and now I feel so helpless when you need.I love you Brother.peewee

12. catfishman38663

catfishman38663 New Member

State:
    mississippi
    i no he will get better soon i no it's hard for you not to worry but god will take real good care of him he will be back on his feet in no time we are praying for him and you and the family

13. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Brother Jim,I wll be praying with yall.I pray that GOD will touch your Brother and heal him 100%,And Im asking GOD to comfert you and your Family.Jim You are allways praying for us and Brother Id just like to say Thank you and God bless you and your family.........:smile2:

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    My Thoughts and Prayers are with you,your Brother and your Entire Family! God Bless you all!!!