latest from Shadguts

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by shadguts, Apr 4, 2009.

1. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sorry I haven't posted here in a while here's the latest on my sucesses and failures. Hope the imfo helps someone catch a few more fish. I have fished the Mississippi river some but posted that in the Mississippi forum under the local Mississippi talk. Anyhow these are results from the Tennessee River from Pickwick to about 40 miles down river. On March 5th caught two fish one 12 and one 20lbs both blues in @ 35-40ft deep. On March 13 a freind and I caught 6 fish weighing 110lbs with a 38 and 32lber the fish were caught in 60ft deep water. On March 28 caught 8 fish that weighed 65lbs in about 40ft deep water. On March 31 caught 11 fish that weighhed about 90lbs in 45ft of water. Yesterday caught 5 fish a 12, 13, 20, 23, and a 30lber. They have really been running water good at the dam so there was plenty of current. I caught a couple yesterday were I had to use 18oz of weight to keep the bait down. I mostly just fished big baits and ocassionaly baited up small and always produced some "eaters" with the small bait. Have been catching skipjacks all month, although they are in there pretty good now. All of these fish were caught fishing in or near some sort of mid river structure. Not any "jumbos" but have been catching a few and the bite will be decent to good for the next month I think. We caught a lot of fish in the river last April with every trip being around 85-150lbs. Good luck to you all.

2. thebigcat

thebigcat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    hav u been fishing on the clinch river or at bull run steam plant??its starting to heat up alot.

if u hav any good tips on shad guts send me a msg..

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    thankx for the report! sounds like you have had a good month.

Welcome to the hood (thebigcat) We hope you post often.
    smokey

4. thebigcat

thebigcat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    wat part of tn u fish in??

5. thebigcat

thebigcat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    thanxs smokey