Late Year Kat Kat Bobbing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Mr. Foster, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I just started useing a KB this Spring. Does anyone have any luck this late in the year with a float? I caught a 7lb Channel last week, jus wondering if anyone else is? Or if anyone has any experience fishing a float when it get cooler? Thanks.

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Brent, I have fished with the Kat bobbers late in the year but have always fish on the bottom the bait would just touch bottom an kinda drag along if it was windy. I have not had much luck with the bait suspended as I think in the cooler water the lake has turned an everything is back closer to the bottom. IMO

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I like em during summer,but this time of year,I,m down 30 ft or more too.

4. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    What Shelby said, Sunday I was getting bites in 18/24 foot of water, two weeks ago they were in 8/12 foot, but the water temp has fallen 10 degrees. I think they are under the shad schools where I fish. doesn't look good for this weekend they say lows in the high 30's may have to switch to crappie fishing soon

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Brent there's 2 guys here last week. Boated 74 blues and channels all on Bobbers in less then 5ft of water. Guessing our water temp is still 70 degrees.
    Pete

6. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Last Fri. the water temp where I was at was 64.2 but like Roger said, this weekend might screw them up for a short while.

7. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    We've been catching suspended fish in deeper water here with them. Caught some last week at 12 ft in 30 ft of water. Gots to love the Kat Bobber.