Late Season bow hunt=success

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by bigcatmaniac, Jan 7, 2008.

1. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    well i went deer huntin saturday afternoon, i got to my stand at 3:15 and shot the first deer(on the right) at 3:30. Then, 45 minutes later two more deer walked in so i picked out the bigger one of the two and shot it (on the left). They might not be big bucks or big deer at all but they will be good eatin'.

Attached Files:

2. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Nice job brother they look tasty. Always love to take em with the bow, gets my heart pumping.

3. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Good job man. Who cares how big they are; just getting a deer with a bow is an accomplishment!:big_smile:

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    nice job ,bro,looks like a twofer....Two fer one :big_smile:

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Meat in the freezer...cant go wrong with that!!

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations Ethan, looks like a great evining hunt you will remeber for a long time.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ide take two does over a small buck any day, i hunt for weight not bones. in my stand if its brown its down. the first deer i see tastes better than the big buck that doesnt show.:cool2::wink:

8. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Congrats! I'll bet the sound the same and smell the same as a big buck when in the skillet. They will tase better tho!:roll_eyes:

9. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    hey atleast you got a deer, i only saw 1 all season and he was goin the opposite direction of me..:confused2:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    sounds like my season. i called in a fork horn early bow season. spottted me and never got within 50 yards. i hunted every day of the 7 day gun and 4 day muzzeloader season. opening day og gun i shot a nice little buck. hit hm i thought good. ran at me and stopped. limped hard and stopped again before going into timber and wagged tail. thought he was going down. blood all over feild. i got into the timber and blood stopped. hours of looking resulted in nothing. only deer i seen rest of season.

11. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on the double Ethan.
    I'm suprized to hear all the bad reports this year. I've harvested 8 does and 1 nice 10 point. It has'nt happened in years, but i shot and lost a really nice 10 point, and a doe. last weekend, i seen 25-30 deer within 50 yards of my stand. herd after herd moved through in the a.m. And i hunt public land. I seen 3 really big bucks this year. I have'nt seen them lately. chances are they're nocturnal and hiding in the hardest to reach spots in the riverbottom. and will be alive another year. The deer where i hunt are college educated. They inch through the woods. and always have their noses in the wind. the 10 point i harvested this year walked in to a point on a field. just inside the woodline, right under me. and stopped and stared for at least 20 minutes without moving. and he was probably only 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 years old. Imagine how smart the 5 1/2 and 6 1/2 year old deer are! We're gonna scour our county and find some private land next year. I'm tired of chasing ivy league deer..

12. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    great harvest, nice start to the new year

13. smokeeater3302

smokeeater3302 New Member

State:
    il
    When it is January in IL
    If its brown its down(only if its a slick top)

14. iraqvet13f

iraqvet13f New Member

State:
    NE Mississippi
    Well folks,
    the way I see it, A so called BAD DAy in the woods / field edges is better than working anyday

15. iraqvet13f

iraqvet13f New Member

State:
    NE Mississippi
    I saw several Big nice bucks this past season, even shot at one (but missed), guess thats why they call it hunting not killing. Bad range estimation on my part. Good new: Took my 16yr old daughter on here 1st hunt (She is a Girly Girl Type) but wanted to go, so off we went on the juvy hunt, didnt see anything 1st day, but day 2, (while she was knapping) 6 deer walked into the field, and I woke her up, I think she was more excited that I was, I told her to pick one out, and she bumped the blind with thte rifle, and ran off, only to return after a couple of grunts, and BLAMO, down went a nice little doe. Might tasty I may say. Proud dad, to say the least. (She didnt want any part of the dressing, and butchering, but oh well, I think she is hooked, and also ready to catch them cats this spring as well. Think I have a new hunting partner..
    To everyone: hope your live wells stay full and bait buckets empty !!!!!

16. ARMYCATS

ARMYCATS New Member

State:
    Georgia
    nothin like bowhuntin... gets you up close and personal.... its so fun