Late Saturday Edisto River report

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by stumphumper, Oct 13, 2008.

1. stumphumper

stumphumper New Member

State:
    Ladson SC
    Yes I fished Saturday in the mini hurricane. Went to the tidal area below Jacksonboro thinking all the runoff might not screw 'em up too bad in the brackish stuff. I had a new PB flattie at the boat, but lost him while trying to figure out the best way to pull him in solo. Appox. 45-50 lbs. I promise not to hesitate next time!!! Lesson learned!!! Ended up with 8 or 9 fish total. Included two blues over 20lbs, and a couple of flats in the mid teens. Most bites came on roe shad carcuses from last winter fished whole and cut. Not much action at all on the live bream.

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the report.

Where did you launch? (My favorite landing down there is closed right now.)

How deep were you fishing?

3. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    not a bad day ,in all that wind ,way to go on that fine catch

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Great catch! I'll take a couple blues in the 20's and some teenage flats anyday.:big_smile: good job!:wink:

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good report, Danny! Sounds like you have the Edisto figured out for all conditions! How did the fish get away, shake the hook out? Break the line off? It can be a booger trying to wrestle a big one in by yourself.
    Bill in SC

6. stumphumper

stumphumper New Member

State:
    Ladson SC
    Thanks fellas! I'm not at all disappointed in the results considering the conditions. I just wish I had been more agressive trying to land the big boy.

John- I used the little, unmarked, rock landing right under the Hwy 17 bridge. I had heard that the landing was closed also. Do you know why? The landing at the bridge isn't much of a landing at all. I wouldn't try it without a good 4-wheel drive and a small boat. When I was growing up me and my Dad hunted with a dog club in that area.They would put me in a jon boat there to turn deer and dogs back into the drive. Otherwise I would never have even known it existed.

Bill- I think he just wallowed a hole out around the hook. He appeared to be pinned pretty good, but I guess not.

I can't wait for the shad run! They seem to love 'em, and I'm getting low in the freezer.

7. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the reply.

The landing is closed for renovations. I found a post on improvements to 4 Colleton county landings - ramp improvements and installation of a new aluminum floating dock. I drove out there last week without knowing - there was a trackhoe parked on the ramp and they had things pretty well tore up. Don't think I'd get my boat in and out under the bridge. Guess I'll have to launch at the next landing downriver and run a bit farther.