Late nights, little sleep.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dano, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well I'm up again tonight. 3RD 4th time this month and a half someone has been in my shed. Been having some problems past year. Building was broken into last year this time, some may remember me posting on it. Some things been stold out of shed. Couple times this month I saw em runing to cornor of fence, jump over and run off, after midnight.
    Tonight, 2:00am my dog caught someone in shed. Son went outside and big shed doors opening, he came in to wake me up. I'm armed, light, going towards shed, dog chases someone, jumps over fence, takes off down road. I'm waitting on law to come by now. Just last week same deal. Seems some people be out and about around here
    20 years I never had to worry or lock stuff up, my house always open etc. Now, different story.
    Sometimes its seems as if, some nuts dont care if we are home are not.
    Tomorrow, want beable to go get puter parts cause of this. I got some people to talk to.
    Tired of theifs. I get one in my hands, they will be in jail.
    Anyway. I sure wish bigfoot was around. I would feed him so he could watch my place. Heck, we cant even go out of town, fishing , afraid to leave house.
    I'm a little worried about some folks around here. Nuff said for now.
    I going back out , law is going to be patrolling around here for a while. Scanner been busy tonight.

2. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    sorry about all that stuff man...the world is in bad shape...a while back someone stole the rocking chairs right off my cousin's porch in midday.....

3. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Man that sucks sounds like someone that lives near you to not sure how close your neighbors but talking to them may be helpful.

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Dano, I'm sorry to hear about the intruder problems that you are having.

1 thing comes to mind. Flashbangs. Theif opens door of shed, off goes a flash bang. Then they are too dazed and blind to run off.

5. swampthang_matt

swampthang_matt New Member

State:
    georgia
    sorry to hear that man i can't be to far just ask around im sure u will find it

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That sucks brother, get some motion lights they may help. Freak out alot of people when they go off.

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Dan Sorry to hear about the breakins, Man if I were You I would put an alarm on the shead if Possiable I know I have one on mine and it also has a sirian that fires off if the door is opened thats really Loud.I also installed a motion dector that works in Unison with it and metal bars on the windows sofar it has worked. It sure is a SAD state of affairs when We have to take these measures though. I like you worked hard for what I have and I'm not going to let some Skumbag take it without a Fight! Your Friend J.D.straka

8. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Say Dano sory to hear about your theif problem. It is a shame that we end up geting in trouble if we put our hands on them,but I think a passive booby trap might get-R-done. I am sure you have seen or heard of the open can on the door jam just fill the can with some of thejuice from sour milo or such you will be able to smell him if you get around him for about a week a baloon full works well also.

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    You need to find someone that has a mean dog and put him inside the shed for awhile its sad but this day in age you cant leave anything un attended or a crank head will have it and be gone.

10. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Dano, I agree, what's going on these days is a sad state of affairs. People don't seem to have much respect anymore, and a person can get into a buttload of trouble just trying to protect what is his :angry: Have you tried lighting the shed area up? They make solar-powered flood lights that you can use so you don't have to run power to the shed if you don't already have it. Passive protection is about all we can do these days, but I think that 1 or 2 rounds of well-placed rock-salt is a fine idea. Even a near-miss is sure to get someone's attention :eek:oooh:

11. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Nothing worse than a @#@!#@$ thief. I would be hard pressed to not take retaliation. Tie the dog up in front of the shed if hes a good watch dog. Wont help much if your not there though. I have some 330 conibear traps you can borrow and stake soild, they will be there in the morning when you get there..:eek:oooh:
    Hope you catch them Dano....

12. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    dano, sounds bad hope i never have that problem but you might try like others have said motion sencers or alarms you could run a low voltage electric cattle wire on top of the fence to let them know they are trespassing cause it seems to me they think their not , but you want to be careful not to hurt anyone hate to see a theif take all you got cause the system failed you in a court battle i know its bad but it happens course you could set a booby trap then burry the guy in yer back yard lol but like ersel said maybe its someone who lives close to you ,if you caught the guy im sure it wouldnt look good after you whooped up on him i know thats what i would do , you could also install a game camera in the shed to catch him on film to let the law handle it , good luck hope you stop the madness

13. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Not necessarily the most satisfying remedy but the safest and most logical. You should give it a try with some motion detector lights.

ST

14. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    That just plain ol bites brother! I hope that you can get this resolved as soon as possible.

15. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    I was thinking a game camera in an area where the thief would have to pass to get to the shed or away from it. Also I would think some good solid locks & hasps & a really loud alarm system on the door and windows if there are any may help deter any future break ins. It seems that stepped up patrols by the local law aren't going to help much. Once you have pics, definitely turn them over to the law with a list of the missing items.

16. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Its a shame criminaals haave it so easy now days. You could put a pan of paint inside the door so they step in it. then follow the prints. Glow in the dark powder is nice to they don't now they have it on. I do like the game camera idea.Good luck.

17. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    The paint seems like a good idea Iwould use a oil based pant the problem with shooting them with rock salt is that they would sue you

18. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just put a balloon filled with stinkbait above the door. Whoever it is will avoid your shed for a long while, and be easy to identify for the entire neighborhood.

Unfortunately that would probably get you sued somehow. Whatever happened to the days you could defend what was yours?

I think that's half the reason we have the problems we do, we can't do anything about it.

19. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Get ya a wild life camera like you use for deer and rig it in side! a pic must be worth at least 90 days

20. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    That is really horrible. I can't wait to move to the country!!! Too Hectic!!
    Hope you catch them soon