Late night fisher's MUST HAVE!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by ZachDinicola, Jan 13, 2010.

1. ZachDinicola

ZachDinicola Member

State:
    Greatbend/Hays
    Ok for christmas i got a hat called Panther Vision from cabelas..It is a must have.. It has led lights on the brim of the hat that makes it really easy to see in the dark for when you have to tie on line.. lantern light is really dim so it makes it much easier to see.. it has a button on the bill you press to turn it on and it has 3 modes.. the first click lets you see far and right in front of you, the second gives you light for like a 10foot range in front of you and the third gives you like 35ft range.. Havent even taken it fishin yet and it already has helped me for walkin in the dark, loadin a wheel barrel for firewood and what not.. think its 19.99 on the web.. definitely reccomended and worth every penny.. has replaceable batteries too

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I haven't seen these but sounds like a pretty good product..

3. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Hey Zach, why don't ya bring it over to the house and show me how well it works for bringing firewood in. I'd like to see that.:gotu:

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Sure hope it dont snow before the lead pour, or Ray might have all of us out plowing snow..:laugh1::laugh1:

5. kc river kid

kc river kid New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    they are ok i have a few of them but some times i need more light so i buy the ones with the elastic strap they have a lad and a beam light if you no which one am talking a bout. but the hat one are vary cool for walking to the camp or to the bout at night and fishing ect.

this is a pic of the one i like to use on my hat.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  6. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I was given a Pather vison right before the last Milford gathering. They worked just fine out on a pitch black lake landen my 40lber. It uses the same batteries as my welding hood.

7. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    But Tom if it gets too warm before the lead pour, Ray might get us to paint his back fence by
    convincing us that it's more fun than skimming dross off molten lead. Shades of Tom Sawyer!

8. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    By the way, I've got something very special for everyone that brings a paint brush or a roller with them.:laugh1::laugh1:

9. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Sorry Ray my hands don't fit brushs or roller handles.:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

10. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Yeah they have those hats at lowes hardware's with KOBALT on them for $19.99 but they have "plain" black ones without the Kobalt Logo for 9.99 same hat switch under bill (3 modes) they are pretty cool.

11. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    I've seen different version of hats like that, I prefer to get the ones with the elastic starps, gets cold here & a ball cap just aint gonna do it for my bald head, they go over all kinds of hats & hoodies alike. I get mine at Lowes, they usually got 4-6 types varrying prices, I like the simple $10-$15 ones got 2 setting, infrared & Led light, I have one that you have to cycle through all 4 settings before you get to off & I don't like it soo much, they use AAA bateries. I don't even take a lantern with me any more.