Late Lake Norman report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jayjay101, Aug 5, 2007.

1. jayjay101

jayjay101 New Member

State:
    narth carolina
    fish lake norman 7/28/07 saturday night only got 2 small cats . didnt see anybody catching anything. water temp 84 degress , fish around long island. dont know much about norman . need help what bait, good places to fish, thank. going back soon. p.s. full moon didnt help fishing,:confused2:

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    James, you need to come below the NC Hwy. 150 bridge if you want to get a good catfish bite. Try Hagers Creek, Little Creek and McCrarys Creek for starters. Bream and white perch strips and heads will do the trick for you. Mac

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    JayJay101 you need to sit down at Little Creek one morning and wait for Mac in his ol' Sundance to come out of the cove and follow him!! :wink:

4. jayjay101

jayjay101 New Member

State:
    narth carolina
    thanks guys next time i go down i give it a try . wish you all the best of luck. good luck that is.. thank again. jj

5. andrewlail76

andrewlail76 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Last time I was launching from Long Island, we went to the right and were in deep water and didn't catch anything...So where do I need to go?

6. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    go left and fish the deeper holes up river. :wink:

7. Bill Smith

Bill Smith New Member

State:
    north carolina
    andrew, I fish the upper lake often and it can be hit or miss. try drifting past marker 23, right side, down lake toward islands. drifting from 20' to 30' and back again. fish have been biting at depth change. been catching 8-10 3to5 lbs. eating size

8. andrewlail76

andrewlail76 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    thanks for the tip..I'll try that

I'm used to using chicken breast...I have a beef heart...any other suggestions?

9. Bill Smith

Bill Smith New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i use cut shad and white perch most of the time for the blues and channels. I always have one line with a live bluegill for flats. I catch more big (40lbs) flatheads than big blues. I don't know if that is because upper end is jugged often and the blues are caught or not