Last week's non-catfish fishing

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by breadboy, Jul 4, 2006.

1. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Okay, from last week, Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday, is what I caught:

Bluegills: 83
    Green Sunfish: 45
    Crappie: 13
    Bass: 5
    Catfish: 5

I was using a Roadrunner. The catfish were bullheads and channels, all assorted. I was using my 7'6 ultra-light outfit, and the cats put up the best fight. I caught one catfish that weighed 4 pounds (nothing big). I also caught a few slab crappies about a pound or so. The bass were all small. Just wondering, could I use this thread as my fishing journal kind of?

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    What is a roadrunner?? Maybe I am just behind the times.

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
  4. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Kyle im sure it would not be a problem if you used this thread as your journal.

5. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    ok thanks. Drawout showed the decription. It is simply a jig with a spinner blade underneath the head with either a marabou or plastic body. You can find them at wally world, and alot of tackle shops carry them too. The company's name is Blakemore.

6. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Today I went out to a lake on Fort Bragg (military base) to break in our new yamaha engine and boat. My rode around Mott Lake a while and then finally decided to make a few casts. Using my roadrunners again, on the second cast I caught a chain pickerel (miniture pike that is also called a jack) and with my light action rod it gave a good fight. After that, we decided to go home. Not really fishing, just breaking in our boat. Tommorow I might try some chicken livers and see if the kitties like them at the lake behind my house.