last weekend, some new fisherman

Discussion in 'Outdoor Adventures' started by crusinman2002, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    Hey yall, I was out fishing last weekend on a pond around where I live. There was a family out fishin and having a picnic. Just a little family of three. 2 of them were on the pier when I got there. I set up on the other end of the pier and tossed a shrimp on my hook, casted out. Set up my second pole, and as soon as I casted it out I was getting bites on the first one. After a couple of seconds, I was reeling in a 2 pound channel cat. The mom and the son that were fishing came walking over to see the fish (there is the spark). They started asking about catfishing and we got to talkin. They were using med light everything, going for panfish and maybe a bass. I gave them some terminal tackle and changed the line out on there poles cause the line was old. I have plenty to spare. After a little while, I found out that they were from near my hometown and had just moved down here to North Carolina. We continued talking and they started catching cats, all right around a pound, but they were hooked. They had small rods and reels, and were having quite a time getting the fish in. The mom had asked me where I had gotten all of my stuff that I was using I said Walmart. She got herself a shopping list based on what I had, and they invited me to have some burgers with them. After lunch we went back to fishing. The dad seemed kinda bummed out cause now he was standing on the pier and they only had 2 poles. I handed him one of mine and said he could use it. So we continued catching small channel cats, and they all absolutely loved it. It was there first time catfishing. We all had a blast, met some new people. And they all caught their first cats. Last night after work I went to Wal-Mart to get my consumables for night fishing this weekend (propane and all that), and there they were. They were getting the works. Everything that they wanted to get for a weekend on the water chasing cats. They invited me to come up camping with them at the park on the pond, but I already had plans to do a weekend trip to another lake, so I invited them to come up with me to the lake I'm going to, they might go Saturday night. I have to go to the pond and find them Saturday during the day and I'll fish with them some more during the day and see if they want to go to the lake Saturday night. I already know it will be a blast. I just wanted to share this with everyone. You never know who you will meet on the water. And who you will see at the fishing section in Wal-Mart. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.