Last Weekend for Ark and Tenn.

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by catfishbills, Jan 25, 2008.

1. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well, its almost over for the year! Lets hear how everyone did! I have been hard at it for the last 3 weeks. The ducks seem to be scattered. Some days there are ducks everywhere, then the next its spotty!:embarassed:I am READY for these last 2 days!!!!:wink:

2. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    Going good here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    I hear ya Billy. It has been mostly miss where I hunted the few times I did although today we probably saw more ducks than I have seen in the last 10 years. They always seem to show up too late. I am ready to hig Big Muddy in a serious way now that I have all that hunting stuff out of my system

4. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Hey Quackingtim I wish I could get me some of those big black and gray honkers. We just haven't seen may Canada Geese thought the snows may have ate them or something:angry:

5. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I'm with a lot of yall. Its finally gotten cold here the last week or so, and now the ducks show up. Yesterday was our last day, and we got 2 black ducks and a teal. Should have had a couple mallards, but I think they were wearing bullet proof vests. :wink: Of course after we got our limit of black ducks (1 a piece) that's all that wanted to come by, and as soon as we got our decoys picked up there were ducks everywhere. I've seen more ducks in the last week than I have the rest of this year combined. Oh well, maybe next year. I hope somebody else has had better luck this year.

6. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well, Its over now! Sat morning in east Arkansas it took me over 2 hrs to get where I hunt and it normally takes 1hr 10 min! The ice was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Wrecks everywhere, and I couldnt drive over 40 mph!!!:crazy:The things that we do for a duck!!!!!!!I lost a couple that hit the ice outside my hole and would walk away from me just out of range!!! They looked like the "AFLAC" duck!!!I did get a limit, but it took untill 11:00 (4 mallards, 2 shovlers) I went back yesterday with my son and we hunted the timber, the fog didnt lift till late, and the ducks would be on you before you EVER seen them!!! We killed 2 limits, but we hunted untill the last minute and then got home lastnight around 7:00.....TIRED!! It takes alot out of you standing in timber for 10hrs! I sure was glad my son got to go, when we got home he had to get back to the college campus and work on a project due Tuesday. I enjoyed this season, but overall, there was Alot more ducks lastyear for sure! The last 2 weeks lastyear, you got your limit in about 45 minutes or so!!!:big_smile_2:

7. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    I love hunting snow geese. Just not many around here in my part. Sounds like you still had a good season. We are about to start are 15 day season for geese where we can shoot 5 a day, then It's off to hunt the snowgeese.