Last week to use 2006 fishing license

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Dec 20, 2006.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Well brothers, I was gonna take this weekend off from the water, but I just noticed I will need to get my new license real soon:angry: So I am gonna get my $$$$$ worth (not like i have yet:tounge_out: ). So, Ya'll get your $$$ worth now:wink:

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Gonna do my best to wear out the old lic. before I have to switch to the new one.

3. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    yep going to use the rest of it up the week after Xmas. going down to the ol river for a week. any body know what the new one will cost?

4. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Here's what I payed the general licence is $37.50, Ocean Enhancement (needed to fish So. of Pt. Arguello) $4.20 and the Second Rod $11.55. I don't know what the Colorado River Stamp will be because I haven't purchased it yet (waiting to head out there). I don't believe that a striped bass stamp is offered anymore.

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Hate to say it guys but I'm sure glad I live in Mo. Our lic only cost 12.00 and runs from feb to feb. You all need to tell ol Arnie (the Gov.) you need a break.:roll_eyes: Yeah Right. Merry Christmas !!:big_smile:

6. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Ol' Arnie has so far shown himself to be indifferent at best to the needs of the Ca. sport fisherman.
    We that live here have gotten used to the high cost of things, like the fact that it now costs $5.00 a day to park your car in a National Forest.:beated:

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I guess I am cheap:smile2: Most of my favorite spots are free. I hate to pay to enter, fish, launch, camp, No fires..... This is the main reason I love the place I soak bait. When you fish as much as I do, I pretty much 9 months a year I fish over nighter ever weekend. I hit Mendota Slough. You can hunt and fish. It is free to: Camp, launch, fish, hunt and have fires and dogs off leash. Never gonna catch the stae record there for cats. Largest is 16#. I hooked a few cats that felt in the early 20's. I raise my own worms and try to stock up on clams and freeze em. Same with shad. I use DK's a lot though.

8. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Robb it's almost impossible to find a place in southern California that allows night fishing, let alone for free. I guess we S. Californians) have just gotten used to being ran over by the local Govts.
    Watch out for the same coming your way along with corporate ownership of everyplace that is open access today.

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I hear you Tim. I got a buddy that is an avid outdoors men. He is involved with all kinds of clubs and stuff to help keep free our natural resources to us sportsmen. He invited ne to this big state meeting that will be here this time in Fresno. I took him up on it. It is going to be next month. You know, even how beautiful the Delta is, the people that ruin it for us. Man I can not believe the garbage some people leave in some areas up there. What is weird, is that the wild life refuge has trash cans and for ther most part people use em. We will have some folks come in there. Like last year, 2 weeks before oer gathering, some bunch of trashy people were leaving at a spot oth there. They had a car tore apart and all. Pissed me off. I called the mendota wildlife DF&G and by the time our gathering came around, they were gone and it was pretty well cleaned up. There are lake up here you gotta pay. I just like the ability to carry a gun and have a fire and fish as long as you want. Spent many 3 and 4 nights out there

10. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I got a short day tomorrow will be heading out to mendota early afternoon may stay till late if the fish are biting.