Last Week James River Report

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by jwfish, Nov 16, 2008.

1. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Fished the James last week with my wife not alot of fish but we did get a new PB for my wife and me.She got a 70 lb which beat her old PB wiich was 58 lb.My old PB was 75 lb my new PB now is 81 lb.I am going to try and post pitures. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Hope I did the pitures right it has been a while.

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    JW....you're a fish catching machine! I tell you, you're making us VA boys looks bad. An 80 and 70 in the same week is incredible! Congrats!

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  4. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Wow, that's amazing! Congrats on the PB and monster fish!

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats to your wife, that is a very nice PB. WOW!!, Good luck in the future

6. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    Thats great nice fish

7. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    I think I finely got it guys.I know the fish in the pitures don't look as big as I said but they were weighted on good scales and it was just bad piture takeing by my wife and me and I was so whore out after bringing in that 81 I did not have the engery to lift it and I did not want to drop it.I will be back this Saturday with my daughter we are staying till Wensday.

8. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    It killed me keeping quiet about your big fish after we spoke last week. Been some Boo Hooing going on about full moon queering the fishing and what not. :smile2:

All the while you and the Mrs. were hauling in the hogs. Congradulations to both you and your wife. Hope to see you when you come back at Thanksgiving. I was meat fishing in the Chesapeake Bay while you were here this past trip.

9. Halifax

Halifax New Member

State:
    Chester ,Va
    Nice catch and report!

10. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I hope there are more left...:wink:

11. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    All fish were caught from turkey island clear down to where wards creek comes in past the power lines.I used large baits the first day but missed three out of four so I used smaller cuts of cutter shad after that.I seen the fish my wife got before we had a line in on the fishfinder.I set the boat up and before I got all the poles out down one of them went.Had good luck getting cutter shad in my gillnet stright across from jordons point ramp in 7 to 9 ft of water.I will be coming down with my daughter saturday through tuesday so if you see me on the river stop by and say hello.

12. Rickjr

Rickjr New Member

State:
    VA
    Great job..congrats on the new P.B

13. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    I sticking to you like a tick.:smile2:

14. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Man that's some good fishing!! What a day to get 2 personal best fish!! Congratulations.

15. 66TBONE

66TBONE New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Congrats on the pb! Nice catch!:smile2:

16. thelastcast

thelastcast New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Great fish Jerry. Congrats to you and your wife both on the new P.B.'s. I'll be relic hunting one day of the week-end(not sure which day) but i'll look for ya when we go on the other. Very nice!!:big_smile:

17. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL