Last trip of 2009 from Tanners

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by JUMPER, Dec 31, 2009.

1. JUMPER

JUMPER New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    Nate D and myself made it out for the last trip of 2009 this morning. After a starter problem at the ramp first we caught bait real easy and was on our way.
    We fished two spots the first was in 71 foot of water and landed one small blue and then fished a spot with 64 foot of water with nothing biting there. The current was ripping pretty good and we had a hard time getting sinkers to hold good but was glad to get out and end the year fishing.

Attached Files:

2. daytimedrifter

daytimedrifter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Me and robby went yesturday for the last time this year, fished in 25 to 35 foot of water close to the bank, we caught an identical size fish. had 2 nice ones on but like always there the ones that get away. had some nice bites so overall with as rough as the current was from all the moisture we had a descent day for being this late in the year. always worth it to get out, like we all say a bad day of fishing is always better then a good day of work.

3. nateD

nateD New Member

State:
    IN
    yeah jake we will have to make it out again when conditions aren't so bad. or we just need to get some heavier weight next time. like jason said at least we got to make it out, i still had fun.

4. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Rivers comin down, but the wind will be up and the temps will be near freezing anyone else nuts enough to think about going out :smile2:. I know T Bull will be out, and i may as well be at some point this weekend.

5. nateD

nateD New Member

State:
    IN
    good luck if you make it out. take heavy weights!

6. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    i caught an 8lb blue about in the same spot you guys were fishing at when i saw you guys out on the river , had a few bites there then i caught him and dragged up three of my lines with him:angry:. had two more on but didn't get em to the boat, i definably need to change up my hooks for the way the bite in the winter, them circles just ain't cutting it

7. nateD

nateD New Member

State:
    IN
    they're sure not hittin' hard are they. i need to get some more J hooks for that.

8. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    not at all , i'm going to use a two hook rig and see how that does for the short bite ,hopefully my hook up will increase

9. NO1HUNTER12

NO1HUNTER12 Member

State:
    INDIANA
    d what size sinker you using? if you get some lead i have 2,3,4,5oz bank 3,4,5oz egg sinker and 6,8oz no roll molds you can use if you want. when you going out again?

10. nateD

nateD New Member

State:
    IN
    thanks matt. when i get some lead ill let you know. i need to pour a bunch or extras. we used up to 8 or 9oz that day and didnt ever touch bottom. i dont know when ill get out again. let me know if you want to get out there sometime. it will have to be on the weekend for me because of work. i haven't winter fished muched so i want to make it out a few more times when the water slows down a little.

11. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I may try to get out this weekend. Dont know just how cold it is going to be just yet. If not down on the river im going to go ICE fishing. Will just have to see how bad the weather is. Going to try to go back to Kentucky Lake on the weekend of the 15-17. Will be going down there if it is drivable. If the roads are horrable that is the only way I wont go.

12. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    Stay warm skippie!

13. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good to see you on here Eric.
    Steve

14. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

funny how when it's really cold we go ice fishing to stay warm :)