Last Trip Of 2008 Lake Moultrie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by krowbar, Jan 9, 2009.

1. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Went to Moultrie back on the 20th of 2008. Started out in 45' deep water and caught several nice Blues and all of a sudden they just disappeared. Spent the next 4 hours looking for them before we got back on them at about 35'. Caught 9 all together. 30,21,19,17,12,10,6,5,3. 7 Blues and 2 Channels. The 30# fish was released. No need to let him die. Starting to practice CPR on the bigger fish. It actually felt pretty good. Anyway, we didn't tear em up like some of these fellas fishing Moultrie lately but we caught some good fish and had a great time doing so.

Attached Files:

2. dennis boehm

dennis boehm Member

State:
    olathe kan
    jason looks like some nice fish:big_smile: here in kansas the blues have been tuff/ to cold, congrats on the nice fish and cpr makes you feel nice does,nt it:smile2:

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Thats a super nice catch Jason, Some real hogs there!:wink: Aint nothing like a good Ol' southern fish fry, But there aint nothing like seeing a true trophy swin off. Reps coming:big_smile:!

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds like yall tore them up too me jason. Congrats and those are some really nice fish.

5. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Sounds like fun. Thanks for the report and pics

6. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yeah it was nice seeing that fish swim off and out of sight. Felt good. I hope she made it. Seemed healthy enough. Always wonder just how many fish that are let go actually make it. Anyway, thanks for the kind words.

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Jason I always look at it like this as long as you dont keep them out of the water for a super long time they will make it better back in the water better than in a cooler. I remeber when I 1st started CPR'ing fish it is a good feeling and I commened you on your efforts. Before I got on the BOC i never even knew that you could release fish.:smile2: I thought if you caught them then they had to go in the cooler. All in all catfish are tough and they can handle alot more than most fish.:wink: