Last Thursday on the Missouri river

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Rusty, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Kevin (my son) and I went to the Missouri river near Brunswick Mo. on thursday morning. We got there at daylight and headed down the river. We had been having a little trouble getting a silver carp to jump in the boat so we devised a plan... We took the ol 12 guage with us (ha ha) don't laugh it works. After cutting up the carp we headed up the Missouri. First we tried fishing around some old barges that had been stranded along the river for a few years. Nothing, we then tried some wing dams from 12' to 40' deep, not a bite. Then we tried the out side bend of the river still no bites. After that we found a place where the channel crossed the river just below a wing dam, the water was flowing down river but it hadn't gotten back to full speed yet. This strip was about 50 yards long, within 30 Min's we had landed 3 blues 2lb,10lb,and 30lb. We fished there for another 30 Min's but no more bites. At about 4:00 pm we headed home. On the way back up the Grand one of them darn carp jumped in the boat and hit Kevin in the shoulder. Which happened to be the same one he just broke a couple weeks ago. He's ok, just a lil sore.

Attached Files:

2. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    i was down there two weeks ago, and we had a hell of a time with the carp, the 12 g sounds like a fun idea. Legal? we ended up with lots of blues but no flats.

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Rusty you lucky pup,glad to see you getting on here and posting some good results.That is a good looking Blue you have there.How did Kevin break his shoulder? And tell the misses I said howdy.Hope we can hook up again sometime and wet another line.

4. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Sounds like you and your son had a heck of a half hour there Rusty. Congratulations on the 30, nice looking blue for sure. I suppose they will start hitting now that my ramp is out of water. :crazy: Hope they keep biting for ya.

5. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    We were down there on the 12th and caught a 35 lb flat and that was all. I am not sure if it is legal or not. to shoot them darn things but it should be. I guess I should read up on that. but I really didn't say I shot it did I?:cool2:

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Sounds like y'all had a good time, i've thought about taking a shot gun out with me also...just didn't cause i didn't know if it were legal or not...i don't need to get into any trouble!:tounge_out:

I went out on the Mississippi on Sat. caught a lot of fish, unfornutely only one cat! Couldn't keep the buffalo drum off the lines!:crazy: Never experienced anything like it. They were biting like crazy. anybody else have that problem?

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thats Super Rusty!!! Congrats on the Nice Blue, And those Darn carp are starting to become a Big problem. Glad Your Son wasen't hurt. J.D.

8. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    con grats on the nice fish

9. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    congrats on the catch.