Last Sunday Night on the White River

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by MNeffle, May 24, 2007.

1. MNeffle

MNeffle New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went out last Sunday Night on the White River from 4:30pm to around 2:00am . The water temperature was 68.5 and clear, however it was really down due to the lack of rain. We fish a snag early on and boated a few channels and later set up on a sand bar and built a fire. We caught a couple more on the sand bar in about 4 foot of water. Goldfish and chubs were the bait of choice and seemed to produce the best, although we did catch a few small channels on Danny king's Punch bait. I did have a big fish break my line around 1:20am . I think during the night my line some how got nicked, needless to say I will be re-spooling before the next outing. I have attached a few pictures. I hope this information helps.

Tight-Lines..............Mike:still_dreaming:

Attached Files:

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    glad to hear you got a few,thanks for sharing the pics with us bro.

3. Titghtline

Titghtline New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Whats the deal with needing 10 post to look at pics. Man, I would love to see these cats.

4. gofish98

gofish98 New Member

State:
    Lafayette Indiana
    hey tightline
    just do like I did and post 6 times in a row right here till ya get yer 10
    vince

5. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Nice fish Mike! What part of the White River were you on?

6. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    nice fish...i plan on hitting the river sometime this week

7. redhawk44p

redhawk44p New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I wanna see the pics too. That 10 post thing is cruel.:sad2:

8. flatheadhunter32

flatheadhunter32 New Member

State:
    illinois
    congrats on the fish But you havent caught any flatheads yet?

9. MNeffle

MNeffle New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Rob,

I haven't caught any Flatheads yet, however I did have what I think was a nice Flathead break my line on that trip. I was using a very large Goldfish, (almost a pound), and the way the fish hit I am sure it was a Flattie. Unfortunately I must have had a nick in my line because after the rod loaded up and the circle hook was set I was only able to pump the rod a couple of times before the line snapped. I have re spooled all my poles and will try again its just a matter of time.

Mike

10. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Out of curiosity, where are you guys getting those big 'ol goldfish from? I haven't found anywhere short of stealing koi out of the neighbor's waterscape.

11. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    Whenever I flathead fish it always seems like they just sit there and gum the bait forever. Every once in awhile they will hit it hard and take it. Does this just happen to me or does anyone else have this problem with flatheads. It seems to take as long as 20 minutes. This is one reason why I gave the circle hook up while flathead fishing.... Thanks "Ironcat"

12. MNeffle

MNeffle New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ben,

Pike Bait and Tackle in Lawrence has large Goldfish and Chubs. They sell them buy the pound. I think the large ones are 12 bucks a pound ( I think caviar is cheaper ) :crazy:, however they have been having trouble getting the large ones the last couple of weeks. The Goldfish are easier to keep alive because they only need 2ppm of dissolved oxygen to survive unlike the Chubs which need at least 4ppm and moving water.

Pike Bait and Tackle
    8707 Pendleton Pike
    Indianapolis, IN 46226
    (317) 895-8531

13. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Haha, at that price I may be donning the black jumpsuit for a late night raid of the neighbors waterscape! Thanks for the info though.