last run of the season

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by rwg, Nov 4, 2009.

1. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Well are there any more die hards left to make one more catfish run this fall? I'm over the flu and plan to make a run on sunday to give the channels one more chance to get on the end of my line. Headin out to my favorite state fishing lake, I've got some big gizzard shad left from the lake Texoma trip and plan to cut them up and see what happens, its been slow on the oldwebb site latley, RWG

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I'm personally done fishing for the cats till the spring.

3. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I had a friend that was killed in car wreck a couple of years ago that only went fishing when it was too cold and miserable to get out of the house.He fished the flats on upper end of Fall River lake from the bank and caught lots of channels 20 lbs and over.Whenever we were having a major winter storm with life threatning conditions he would show up with a stringer of big channels.I never did know where he fished because theres very little bank access on upper end of Fall River lake.

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I fish all yr long....

Winter months mostly crappie but will try cats on those warmer sunny days.

Most people would be surprised how shallow some channle cats will be in the winter.And you can bet with 1st ice out they will come into 1' of water on wind blown banks.
    Last Feb-March was some of my best catches.

5. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    I'm going out later this week, on the river mostly. To much wind for the main lake alot of times.

6. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    I will have my crappie pole along also if the cats are not hitting

7. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    im gonna chase the cold water cats till the crappie start going good.but im like you,this weekend ill have my crappie rods in the boat in case the cats arent biting.

8. kflats

kflats New Member

State:
    wamego, ka
    dont give up on the cats just yet, I was at Rocky Ford this weekend and watched a guy pull up a 20lb plus flathead up off Rocky Ford in Manhattan off a plastic jig fishing just off the edge of the spillway, sad part was I had been there an hour or more using perch and he hadnt been there 10 minutes,it was good to watch either way just to know they are still hitting

9. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Good luck Roger, let us know how ya do?

10. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Good luck out there Roger and everyone else. I took the reels off my poles the other day, ready to be cleaned up. Been keeping pretty busy with school so the fishing gear is probably going to stay like that until the Spring...

11. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    welcome to the BOC Jamie !! its good to see new members come in !! :wink::smile2::smile2:

12. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks JJ! Be sure and add me to the list, I guess that means there are 356 Kansas members and counting now! :smile2:

13. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    I've been and will be going pretty much every day till the lake freezes. Have been catching a couple each time, almost:roll_eyes:, missed a day or two, I did get some bites every day though.:smile2:

14. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Well, I took my truck and boat out on Sunday. First time I have towed with the new truck all went well, We got there and back and every thing works. The fish were not very active, I caught 2 small crappie and a small bass but no channels. We drifted and tryed 4-5 differect spots that had fish in the past but no go on Sunday . I guess I will winerrize the boat next weekend and put it in the barn for the winter. Its was windy 20/30
    mph winds Sunday so that didnt help oh well I get them next time