Last Night's Trip

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Sandy Meador, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Sandy Meador

Sandy Meador New Member

State:
    VA
    Went out to Sandy River last night. Got set up where I wanted to fish and was waiting for the fish to move up on the flats to feed. Didn't do a thing on the deep side and when I began to hear fish splashing behind me I repositioned the boat and fished shallow. From 10 until midnight the bite was on! Sometimes 3 rods at one time!!! I ended up landing 27 channels and I put nine in the livewell between 3 and 6 pounds! I had a ball. I was gonna stay all night (even took my sleeping bag & pillow) but after that 2 hour flurry I was satisfied!

2. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Sounds like you had a great time, Thanks for sharing your fun with us.....:smile2:

3. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Dang, now that sounds like a good night alright! Great job, enjoy those channels :smile2:

SudDawg

4. barney leonard

barney leonard New Member

State:
    Mannford,OK
    Defineately could use some of that action

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Sounds fantastic. I wish I could get a night like that soon, its getting to be about that time. Congrats on the catch.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on the catches Sandy, sounds like ya located in and dialed em in.

7. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    nice catch........good eatin

8. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Nice trip Sandy. How is the fishing from the bank?

9. Sandy Meador

Sandy Meador New Member

State:
    VA
    Thanks for the comments! Rebcatman - I've never fished from the bank but there seems to be good fishing as quite a few do it. There is the ramp area, a walk-in spot near the bridge and several deadend roads. If you're ever down my way let me know - we can arrange a trip!!!!

10. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Sandy,

Thanks for the info. I'd like to come down and do a camping/fishing trip. I will let you know if I get to plan a trip.