Last Nights River Fishing Report!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by RIVER-RAT, May 13, 2008.

1. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I got on the water around 10:00pm and had to catch all the bait in the dark. The river right now is really really high, in fact it's above flood stage. I headed to a small creek that I knew of in attempts to find some fresh shad. I caught a few shad and a few asain carp and then decided to go ahead and start fishing.

I first anchored and started fishing a deep hole and got nothing. I then moved and was running over a ledge near the mouth of a creek and saw a bunch of fish stacked up on the ledge in about 20 feet of water. I anchored and set up. About 15 minutes later, this forty pounder hit the bait like a freight train! He was peeling off drag without a problem! I turned him and then he started swimming up river and right under the boat. He then started rolling and got wrapped up into two other lines! My buddy finally was able to get the net under him and we hoisted him into the boat!

We ended up catching 9 really decent fish that night including two in the 30 pound range and a couple in the 20's with big fish at 40 pounds even. It was a great night of fishing, so good in fact that I didn't get home until 6:30am in the morning! The only reason I got off the water was because a big 'ol thunder storm was moving in fast!

All fish caught were caught and released!

Attached Files:

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Just more pics!

Attached Files:

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    awesome fish, thanks for the report

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Some more!! Thanks for looking!:big_smile:

Attached Files:

5. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    That's some mighty fine looking fish. Sounds like ya had a good time too.

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Great night! Glad to hear (and see) you got into some nice fish - sounds like they're finally starting to bite on both sides of the Show-Me state:big_smile:

7. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    WTG Bill, sounds like a great night. Did they favor the shad over the asians or was it an outright feeding frenzy?

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Shad all the way!! They wouldn't touch the asains!

I forgot to mention that my buddy lost a true hog due to a bad knot! :angry: So I had to sit him down and we had knot tying 101! I am guessing that had he landed that beast, it would have beat my 40 pounder!!

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Good nite and a good mornin. LOL! Thanx for sharein the pics and report.

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Glad ya found em, thanks for pics.:worship:

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Congrats Bill.. Sounds like you had fun..

12. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Yeah, I guess just PM me those spots you're talking about. I know about where ya were. :smile2: Need some more details though.

13. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Same over here on the bait - I had frozen skips (thanks again, Ryan!) and fresh shad and the skips never even got a bump. The shad on the other hand made the fish start pulling drag:wink:

14. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Congratulations Bill!:big_smile::big_smile: Glad to see someone is finally finding some fish, other than one, here and there.:roll_eyes:Hopefully one of these days, I can get the boat put back together and get back out there!:wink:

15. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    What'd you do your boat??

16. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great night of fishng. Congrats

17. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Not much really, just moving my rod holders in the back forward a bit, and mounting some "sturdier" rod holders for the rails, then I'm gonna mount seat doubler plates in the floor next to the side console and add a pair of pedestal chairs. I'm also trying to figure out why I got a clogged livewell pump.

18. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Nice looking fish and looks as if you had a great night. Thanks for sharing the story and the nice pictures. That water is really crazy right now so be safe out there.

19. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    WTG Bill,:worship::worship::worship: Thats a heck of a night by far

20. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Thats great Bill, I'd just about kill for a night like that....It's been so long since I've felt a fish I'm about ready to go to a pay like. :crazy: