Last night

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Nessie, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, I headed out last night with gpolce and my brother in law again hoping to continue the mild success we had last week, but we were skunked bad. Can't say much about where the fish were or what they were biting on but here is a report of what didn't work.

We put in at CB and began the tree/debris dodging. Both the MO and the Sippi were rolling and were full of debris which made fishing a bit tough but not impossible. We fished from 6pm to 1am with not so much as a sniff from the kitty cats. We fished shallow and deeper spots and used asian carp chunks/fillets for bait. To add insult to injury, we broke off our share of hooks and even left a new anchor on the bottom of the Sippi. Guess it is time to regroup...

Anybody else head out last night? Any luck?

2. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Let me add that there was a lot of negativity in that boat. The ladies get restless when there isn't a slam every 20 minutes.

With that said, we must have been way off the mark to not get a sniff. And I feel we tried plenty of locations -- 8, I think. Current, no current, deep, shallow, rips and flats.

Any leads in the right direction with this high water would be appreciated.

3. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think the issue was that gpolce wasn't wearing his lucky orange flower shorts, but that is just my opinion.

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Well I hate to add insult to injury, but myself, stlcatman and stl stitch all headed out there last night and well.......................:roll_eyes:

I caught my new biggest fish of the year! The ol girl tipped the scales at 52.6 pounds. Ryan caught a 40, and then stitch, ryan and I all caught a few more that were around the 20 pound mark or better. All in all we boated 13 fish.

I didn't take a camera, so Ryan and Kyle have the pics. I just walked in the door, but they assured me they would post the pics when they got home!

5. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    If anyone is going out tonight shoot me a PM. Im still only had about 7hrs of sleep since the last time out. But its friday so no rush on gettin back.

6. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO

That's an insult. Did you put in at CB or another section of the river?

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Columbia Bottoms......................................:big_smile:

8. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Congrats Bill on another good night. I'm starting to get a little jealous of you guys-wishing maybe I was on the East side!:wink:

9. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    That hurts, Ratman. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Congrats however.

How about a tip? Depth?

10. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Rat, congrats to you and Ryan on your citations last night!:smile2::wink:

11. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Rat,
    Thanks for rubbing it in. Congrats on the big fish and catching 13 fish for the night. I realize you can't give up all your secrets, but being that gpolce and I can't seem to get it right, can you give any general info about your outing (i.e. bait, general location, depth, time ishedetc.) We seem to need a bit of help. We had 5 rods out all night in a bunch of different spots and couldn't get a sniff. The most fish we have ever boated in a night is probably 6 fish and we have never come close to a 13 fish night. Hearing all these guys talking about 100+ lb outings is getting a bit frustrating because when were lucky we catch 50lb a night.

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Flats, Current Eddies, and Current Seams guys. Anything thats out of that mainstream current. Fishing below the sandbars on the wing dykes has been paying off for many many members. Dont be afraid to toss the ol anchor out in the sand bar willows 3 feet deep. I had to MAKE myself do it last week and man am I glad I did.

You guys will find em. Keep at em, and post up the pics. :wink:

13. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Covert GPS locator device for sale but it ain't cheap! Try to be at ramp when Rat is launching. Gpolce can distract him with cookies while Nessie installs it on the Death Barge!:wink:

14. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Just don't let me get my hands on ya though! :wink::smile2::smile2:

Okay....here are a couple pics that Kyle took on his camera. When Ryan wakes up, hopefully he will post what are on his.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Oh, I'm sorry Harold, I mean Mr Skunk Master sir, I HAD to wash your remnants out of the boat so we had to go all out! Don't worry though.....the Death Barge was freshly baptized with pig slime! :wink::smile2::smile2:

16. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Nothing like hearing a big splash while you are thinking man thats right where my bait is. Then wham the rod buries it self.

17. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    GOOD job guys! Looks like another good night!

18. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I had a blast last night guys, big thanks to big Rat and Stitch for taking me out there and putting me on some fish. Well we did it "by the book" and it paid off. I wish that I could tell you guys where we were but the "sunshine act" prohibits me from doing so.

These guys are a bunch of fun to fish with and Kyle had us in STITCHES all night. Bait was still pretty easy to get and the fish seemed to have moved around. We set up on some new water and it paid off. Thanks again guys for letting me tag along.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    So what you guys are telling me is that you fished "by the book" on new water somewhere on the Mississippi between Illinois and Missouri in water that was anywhere from 3 to 60 feet deep and that you used baitfish on a hook for bait.:confused2: Cuz thinks that you may have been fishing flats, current eddies, sandbars, or current seams. Well, now I got it figured out...guess I need to spend more time on the water or get you guys to take me out on a little trip to show me how it is done.:roll_eyes:

20. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    That sounds like another great night. I hope we can those kitties tonight.