Last night

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA RIVERS TALK' started by rushing, Jul 24, 2006.

1. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    A friend of mine called me at work this morning at 5am to tell me about the 50lber he got last night and how he didnt have a camera. He was pretty darn happy as you can imagine, its his new personal best. He wanted me to come and take a picture of it after I got off of work this morning but I didnt have my digi cam in my truck. I got a coworker of ours who was coming in to relieve me, to stop where he was at and take a pic on the way to work. I havent seen it yet but he is getting the film developed this morning. He said the fish had spawn scrapes on it so I'm hoping it means the fish are about done spawning in this stretch of river. The fishing has been pretty slow around here. I just got back from catching some bullies so I can head out tonight since this is my first night off since last thursday. I also get to try out my new rod tip lights tonight.

2. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    My big one last weekend 44lb had spawn scrapes as well.
    Cant wait to see a pic
    thanks
    Larry

3. DTro

DTro Active Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Larry, I'm guessing your fish last night wasn't much to talk about:lol:

From the reports I've been hearing/seeing the flat bite is starting to pick up again.

I need to make up for my big goose egg last week.

4. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Mine was a 7lber. Had a few other hits that left the bait for dead. But other than that it was slow action. Headed up stream from 35w. Some spots looked promissing but the river is pretty shallow with few holes in that area.
    Probably won't be fishing it that much.
    thanks
    Larry

5. hanson

hanson New Member

State:
    Plymouth, MN
    Goose egg? I've been on a goose egg for a couple weeks now.

Unless you count a few monster channel cats. :big_smile:

Pretty pumped for league on Friday night. Gotta go resupply on "necessities".

6. DTro

DTro Active Member

State:
    Minnesota
    yeah, you have an advantage already.....you are able to fish out of two boats at the same time:lol: or so someone thinks.

I going to break in Blue Kayak. Two people have caught their PB fish with me this year and I intend to make it three, just as long as it's not as big as the one I'm going to catch.

7. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Yeah the bite was good last night but they were all small. I cant get a fish over 15lbs in this spot. Caught three biggest 12lbs. I got three more to shore before they spit my hook & bully out. Missed about 4 runs. Was out from 9-6. I spent the last couple hours without a bully on cuz I fell asleep and something took it. I didnt realize it untill I reeled in to leave because I hadnt had a bite in awhile only to find out it was slow from not having a bully on.