last night

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dlongmo, Jun 19, 2009.

1. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    Caught several 5-8 pound blues on shad last night below Truman, had a ball.
    Can someone explain to me the limits on catfish below the dam? thanks

2. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    per the MDC regulations

From the no-fishing zone below Truman
    Dam downstream throughout the noboating
    zone, the daily limit of channel catfish,
    blue catfish and flathead catfish is four​
    (4) in the aggregate.

3. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    I understand that, it says you can catch 10 per day 4 per trip only 1 over 24in. So do I only have to leave the dam property to return and catch 4 more or do i clean them there then catch 4 more or??:0a36:

4. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    You are correct my friend, I just talked to the local game warden and it is 4 and only 1 over 24 inches. Not to be nit picky but can you catch 4 before midnight and 4 after? I should have asked him.

5. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
  6. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I'd imagine that's fine. Just remember if you would get checked and have more than fish, it's your word against his that you caught them before midnight.

7. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    This is the reply i got from asking a similar question about spoonbill

I know the limit is 2 fish daily and four in possession, how does this work if a fishing trips last from one evening into the next day(say from 9PM until 3AM). Are you allowed to have more than 2 fish per person on the boat or what should be done? On the water if you have more than two fish in your possession, you are in violation of the law. You are allowed to harvest two paddlefish each day. So, if you want to continue snagging after mid-night any fish that you harvested that day one must be off the water or banks of the water before day two. So, just prior to midnight you will need to take your harvested fish off of the water and properly label them with the takers name, permit number and date caught. Get them off of the water or banks of the water – you’ll want to take them up to your vehicle or back to your house/cabin if it is nearby. Then you can go back after midnight and snag for the next day’s limit. Just remember you can only have 4 fish in your possession.