Last Night

Discussion in 'Walleye Fishing' started by SkiMax, Apr 12, 2009.

1. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I went out early Saturday morning (fished 4:00 am to sunlight) and caught the crap out of them. Caught over 20 fish. The limit out here is ONE over 21 inches and 4 between 18-21. Well I got that. All fish caught on Rapala Husky Jerks. Fishing off bank and fishing around big rock piles. Fishing in DENVER, CO

Attached Files:

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like a killer outing. I sure would like to get in to that kind of action some time. Did you catch all of them that bit? They have some pretty hard mouths and I never can get bit with out loosing every other one! lol:eek:oooh:

3. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    They were feeding pretty aggressively. The were hammering the bait so I had a pretty good hookup ratio. I did lose a really nice fish close to shore but I would have released it anyways b/c I already had my fish over 21 inches on the stringer.

What are you using to catch them? I dont have problems with the husky jerks because of the two trebles. But if i am catching them on a curly tail they can be harder to hook up with. Try tipping the curly tail with a nightcrawler or leach. They will hit a little harder then and usually give you a better chance at a good hookup.

4. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Nice eyes.We go up and fish for them on Erie at night in the fall and catch some good ones with hj`s. Great feeling to get them from the bank.Hope you catch more.

5. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    My dad has a boat that we keep on Lake Erie. I love that place, used to get up there 4-6 times a year. I miss Erie alot! Nothing like trolling for the eyes or anchoring up and catching jumbo perch like crazy!