Last night with crawlers

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN, Aug 22, 2009.

1. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Changed up last night and decided to just fish with crawlers.Got 3 channels and 1 decent blue for breakfast.I fished for bream for bait the whole time I was there and never got one nibble.They were out of Herring at the tackle shop,so I had to make due with the crawlers.Was a nice night on the water though.May go again tonight depending on the weather.Saw the biggest water moccasin I have ever seen.Thankfully he wasnt interested in my section of the bank,or I would have vacated the area.

2. sscprather

sscprather New Member

State:
    tennessee

3. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Gonna take the daughter and the neighborhood friend back out in a bit.Got some private county ponds to check out.:wink:

4. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    you must fish for a living.

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Glad you caught a few..

6. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thats an interesting reply, not sure if I'd agree.:smile2:

7. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Took the kids today and hit a pond for bait first where they caught a couple bluegills,then we went to a bigger pond where they caught 8 turtles and they each managed to land a decent catfish.Both were caught on shrimp.My Bluegill soaked without being touched.They skunked me!

Attached Files:

8. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Here are a couple more pics-----bait

Attached Files:

9. Redneck in a Skiboat

State:
    South Caro
    Man you must be hearing some smack from the kids. Great Post!

10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Keith does indeed stay at it! :big_smile: Great report as usual, and good deal with the kids!

Bill in SC

11. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Yeah Redneck,Im hearing it...especially when they caught my bait too.

I dont think I would want to fish for a living,but I do live to fish.Its a plus when the kids get fish....all the better.But,dang,I could of caught one lousy Flathead.Im startin to think there arent any in there anymore.:crazy:

12. Redneck in a Skiboat

State:
    South Caro
    Man, I think I'd stay on that tailrace, if I'd caught a 79lber. there. It's probably a good thing I don't live where you do, I'd be divorced or drown.

13. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    I cant afford to drive up there every time I fish,but I sure love that place.I like that Rediversion too.The kids like fishing these ponds weve been fishing.Its all good.Just seems like there isnt any other cats in there besides these bullheads weve been catching.Might take em up there to the Rediversion tomorrow.

14. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats on the kids catch

15. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Good thing is you take kids fishn. When i was a kid my dad took me fishn only twice that i remember. My brother didn't care for it and i was the outdoorsman of the family. It stayed with me all my life and unlike my father before me, i believe in sharing this great clean sport with my children and there friends. All of my kids have caught fish and them and there friends are welcome in my boat anytime.
    Take a kid fishn and the Lord will bless you:big_smile:

16. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Went to the Rediversion today.Lost a decent cat at shore,but other than
    that...it was hot.And I mean hot.Just wasnt anything bitin today.The kids didnt want to go for once,so I went and sat myself,probably 4 hours all together.

17. fishingfool

fishingfool New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats on all of your fishing. It is very good to hear that you get the younger generation out there fishing so they may carry on the tradition. I love to hear this from any one, and now that I have joined the BOC it is becoming apparent that this site is the place for this action. GOD BLESS!! :big_smile: