Last Night was a good night 5-17-08

Discussion in 'Member Braggin Area' started by lforet2002, May 18, 2008.

1. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Caught 3 big ole blues and a nice crappie, and my fishing partner caught a nice one too...

[​IMG]

35lber here..

[​IMG]

This one was 45" long and weighed 46lbs..I fought with him for about 20 minutes and I tried to pick him up but he had a lot of thunder in him all the way till I released him...What a hog...

[​IMG]

This one was 29lbs...

[​IMG]

My partners 35lber...

[​IMG]

And a 15" crappie...​

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    looks like a great bunch of fish and it looks like you had a good time, where were you fishing, Lake or River ? tell us a little about the trip .

3. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I got a buddy who's a teacher and his kids that he teaches have a catfish club...He's got a big ole catfish pond over at his place..I try to dedicate some of my time to the club and help teach the kids about catfishing..We take trips all over the country,we went to Sante Cooper a couple of months ago..Well anyways we were fishing in a creek off the Cumberland river catching crappie when that 29 pounder tagged my line...I already had a 90 qt. ice chest set up as a live well in my truck so I wanted to bring him to the pond..When we got to the pond we decided to fish there for a little while and caught the other big guys..I caught the 29lber on a medium size minnow in about 8 ft. of water..I was fishing crappie like I said so I was using light tackle a 5 1/2 foot light action rod with 6lb test..We've been catching some good eating size cats down there by the creek,mostly channels but I caught about a 10 lb blue over there a couple weeks ago and last weekend my fishing partner caught an 8 lb flatty so we've been try to catch some bigger guys with some skipjack and bream but it seems the only thing they'll take are the minnows...We got a spot down there in the creek where we put some cover and it seems to be paying off..I'm gonna be going to Old Hick this weekend with a buddy try to catch some bass..