Last night upper salt 9-22-09

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by pr1mo5, Sep 23, 2009.

1. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Left apache junction around 4 got out to the river about 5:30pm got everything ready and lines out about 6 didnt get nothing from 6 til about 9:15 then i had an amazing run while i was getting my chips out of the car when i got the my rod the run was done (cutbait on that pole) waited about another half hour reeled in and only had half of my cut up bluegill so i put another on casted out right after that my wife didnt get a run but she was using live bluegill and something slammed her pole hard only once tho. Waited another hour before she reeled in and only to find a dead bluegill. Thats was all the excitment we had all night and morning. Fun trip but still looking for that first flathead...
    Oh and Skunks and Foxes where loving us out there. I didnt have any food out for longer then 10 min then back in the car it went. I think they liked the smell of those baitfish dont know tho.

2. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Come with us where ever we go this weekend. We will probably hit a spot that is 20 mins from your house, sometime this week/weekend. I need to hit the Upper salt atleast three more times before year is out, and also hit West Side lakes with lilmonster, and gotabig1. Of cours gotabig1 and lilmonster are invited to the Upper Salt. We will plan that out in a wek or so.

3. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    where in the upper salt were u fishing? by the dam or down a little? were u fishing a eddy or main current?

4. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    just let me know when and im there.

5. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    MF is where i sent him, dont know if he made it there or not. Yeah where did you fish ?!?

6. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    yeah that road with the whit the white gate if u go all the way down it it taks u to the m banks

7. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    I went right there where the river curves hard south inbetween 2 sandbars. I went back there past the gate and looked around didnt know if the car could make it so i walked it and seen 3 people there fishing i was mad.... went down to another spot i know down a dirt road where i normally fish people where there so i was going to go to the other side of the road until a little road to the left caught my eye it took me all the way back to where rob told me to fish and where i seen those people but when i pulled up they where all leaving so i let them leave and set up right there.
    Im in for whatever night you want to go Rob! Let me know atleast 3 hours before...lol