Last Night On The River!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jul 19, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, here's the run down last night. Bankfished on the first spot till 11:30 pm. No runs, bumps, nada! Decided to pack and move to another location that has been good to me in the past. Got setup, and was sitting there in the dark around 1:30am to here my 10000 Garcia start talking down the bank. I knew it had to be a good fish because it was rigged with a 12-14 inch largemouth bass! I walked slowly down the bank, and when I arrived, it was bent still in full go! I picked it up, and told my buddy I took from work, " Watch this!" ... " "It's about to get serious!" I locked in the reel, line got tight. And I set!!!!!!! NOTHING!.... I set again....NOTHING! SH*T!!!! Was in disbelief! Must have set the hook back into the bait! I can feel the bait still on..... Reeled it in to the bank, to here my bait crashing on the surface. Turned my light on to see a 2 pound flathead on my line!:smile2: And at 2 pounds thats being generous!!! Goes to show that no bait is too big for these fish! My bait was as big as the fish darn near! Pretty funny stuff! rollo

2. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Wow Jason things sure did get serious huh!:smile2:

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats an understatement! LOL...rollo

4. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    i always get the dinks on the biggest bait mabey we should all switch to dink bait LOL:big_smile:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have caught 30 plus pound fish on big baits, and 30 plusers on small baits. I like larger baits this time of year... But who know? LOL.....rollo

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    You know Jason it's just unimaginably what a fish can an will try to swallow. Truely amazing to say the least. Well I am glad you an a bud did get out on the river last night even if the fish weren't cooperating that well.

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    thats good....watch this.....lol

i have lost some nice baits to some small fish.its good to catch the fish,but at times i feel i should play taps for the great bait that has died that way.......

8. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Been there before, LOL! Makes you wonder how big a bait you could get by with...how big is too big?

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great story, thanks for the report! That sounds like my luck of late!

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I really hate when that happens. When you have such a nice big immaculate bait only to see something small trying to bite off more than they can chew!

At least it got your heart pumping and adrenaline up!