Last night...New PB

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Nessie, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well we (gpolce, my brother-in-law and myself) made it out last night and fished from 6pm to about 1am. We caught a total of 4 fish (6lb, 20lb, 21lb and my new PB of 45lbs). Attached are a few pics. The 45lber was long and appeared to be spawned out with a very flabby belly. Would have been nice to have caught her with that belly full. Oh well...it was a fun night.

Attached Files:

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well congrats. Good to hear someone catching a pb. Also good to hear they are turning on again

3. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    What he failed to mention was how he sprung to the rod -- OUT OF TURN!! He's brother in law was to get first fish, but all bets were off when the rod went down. Zimmerman shoved me aside and leg whipped his brother-in-law in route to rod holder. To put it in perspective, he may have been able to get through the Rat.

Personally, I would be a bit ashamed to punk a "guest" like that, but whatever......

All fish came out of 20-30 feet of water. No wing dike or real structure to speak of. In fact, after our first spot with no takers, we made an effort to go somewhere that we usually wouldn't go -- figuring that we should do just the opposite. Within 10 minutes we had fish on.

The fish we did mark in 50ft of screaming water resulted in zero hits.

4. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Congrats on a nice fish!!!

5. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    WTG finding your new PB. Where did you guys put in at? What was the bait of choice?

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Congrats on the PB.

7. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We put in at Columbia Bottoms and were using Asian Carp for bait.

8. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Looks like they're going after the asians. I got alot of good bites the other night, and my son got his dink on some.

Those things are good for something...........hehehe

9. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Im going over there today and fish the flats if the rain holds off

10. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    That is a pig! Sounds like you guys had a great time out there! Congrats on the theft! I mean the PB!!! :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I think "theft" sums it up nicely.

12. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    To be accurate, my brother-in-law decided to try his luck catching a channel cat with stink bait from the front of the boat (which we discouraged). When one of the rods in the back of the boat got slammed, he was sitting in the front playing with his channel cat rod. I couldn't stand to watch us lose the bite, so I did what any man would do and I grabbed the rod. I had no idea it would be a 45lber. Besides, in our last two trips out, he has reeled in 7 fish of the 10 we have caught. gpolce is just angry because my brother in law and I have picked the 2 spots that produced all our fish in the last two outings. It is a shame his jealousy has to be revealed in this forum...

13. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    LMFAO!!!! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    congrats on the new pb

15. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    But at least he has the flower-dee shorts. Gotta find me a pair of them bad boys! LOL!!

c'mon greg you know we just funning!:smile2:

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats Steve on the new PB. Nice fish. Thanks for sharing.

17. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Skipeye,
    Don't worry about Greg. He loves to be harrassed and likes to dish it out as well. When it comes to understanding him, those shorts are just the tip of the iceberg.

18. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Great fish Steve, congrats on a new PB.

19. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Congrats!!! Like you said, it looks like with her belly full... There would have been some extra lbs there. Nice fish!

20. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    It looked more like an eel than a bluecat. In hindsight, I wish we had measured it, but we had to get the fish back into the water and tend to his brother-in-law. He was a bit disoriented after Zimmerman swept the legs out from under him.

If it had been fatter, I doubt she would have got it in -- so it probably worked out for the best.