last night last minute payoff!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by jg_gmc, Apr 12, 2008.

1. jg_gmc

jg_gmc New Member

State:
    west virginia
    just an fyi for anyone fishing the ohio river, last night a friend and i tried our luck on the ohio in the steubenville ohio area. i had a dozen creek chubs and a sucker for bait.
    thinking we were goin to get rained out we rushed to get the poles in the water even with the wind blowing as bad as it was. amazingly we were 12 for twelve! ever cast yeilded a flathead. nothing really to brag about size wise,im guessing the largest was only 8 lbs, but i couldnt believe the pace we were catching these fish. it seemed it would sit there for only a minute or two and bam!

2. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Great going .... the time is at hand ..... :big_smile: .... Garry-

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    nice outting last night. would have been a great night to be out before that front. glad to hear you guys did well. keep up the good fishing:big_smile:....rollo

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yeaterday seemed like a great day to fish, unfortunately the GF talked me into going to Bass Pro instead.

5. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    Sounds like a great day lol. I'v caught lots of nice fish from shore in the Steubenville area,the creeks and streams also are good around there.

6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Congrats onthe fish. I'm looking forward to another trip down there.

7. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Nice trip.:smile2:

8. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sound like a great trip. chubs seem to be the ticket for flats right now. keep it up the biggun will be on the prowl soon.

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    chubs are pretty tough to beat early in the year and late in the year.. just my opinion though:wink: rollo

10. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Great job and glad to hear that you caught a catfish on last minute trip, I wish you good luck on future trips and keep us posted and letting us know how you do, has the Ohio River levels went down some your way.

11. jg_gmc

jg_gmc New Member

State:
    west virginia
    as of right now yeah the rivers gone down and seems pretty calm... not much action on the river. im headed to guilford lake to try my hand at some channels this weekend. so we'll see how it pans out. takin some shiners and old faithful nightcrawlers. wish me luck! and good luck to all of you guys.