Last night at Lanier Lake

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jerseycat9, Apr 17, 2007.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    last night I decided to try a new spot on the lake and it looked really catfishy so I gave it a shot turns out one catfish in 4 hours aint catfishy LOL I decided to try a spot that was convenient to fish from shore not for the fish. I had just set down and my first bait clicker starts screeming turned out to be a nice white cat and then the same over and over all white catfish. I wanted to catch some channels so I drifted a bobber out from shore(40mph windsLOL) and caught some gills decided I would cutem up. Started with the heads and guts casted out one pole with gills and left the others with crawlers for the eaters. Ten minutes of soak and that clicker started screaming like I never heard before after a ten minute fight the hook finally pulled. Casted back out and wham screeming clicker. After a few minutes I landed my first freshwater striper and first from Georgia taped out at 37inches. Caught three more between 26 and 30in. before the school pulled out of the cove. kept one for dinner. All total 4 stripers and 14 white cats with the biggest cat being around 7lbs. Kept 5 ofem and getting ready for some good ol fried catfish as we speek LOL

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad ya got some fish Terry, congrats.

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    last night I decided to try a new spot on the lake and it looked really catfishy so I gave it a shot turns out one catfish in 4 hours aint catfishy LOL I decided to try a spot that was convenient to fish from shore not for the fish. I had just set down and my first bait clicker starts screeming turned out to be a nice white cat and then the same over and over all white catfish. I wanted to catch some channels so I drifted a bobber out from shore(40mph windsLOL) and caught some gills decided I would cutem up. Started with the heads and guts casted out one pole with gills and left the others with crawlers for the eaters. Ten minutes of soak and that clicker started screaming like I never heard before after a ten minute fight the hook finally pulled. Casted back out and wham screeming clicker. After a few minutes I landed my first freshwater striper and first from Georgia taped out at 37inches. Caught three more between 26 and 30in. before the school pulled out of the cove. kept one for dinner. All total 4 stripers and 14 white cats with the biggest cat being around 7lbs. Kept 5 ofem and getting ready for some good ol fried catfish as we speek LOL I had the whole place to myself to boot didnt see a boat all day and a fisherman once. The only thing that wasnt perfect was the wind I was fishing on shore head on into 20 to 40mph winds all day till the wind slowed down at around 10pm stayed till 11 and the fish were still biting but I was getting worried my cheap stringer from the dollar store would break with all the surging fish on it. I have pictures on the way but they are from a camera phone and didnt come out to good

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Way to go Terry, looking forawd to seeing the pics.

5. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    I love the way a big striper takes off with your bait clicker. Ecspecially when dead quiet!!!

6. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Lanier has a nickname, it is called Big Windy by the locals. I have never fished it but have talked to many that have and have read a lot about it.Lanier is a major striper fishery with some huge ones reported every year.
    Great report and keep on sore mouthing them.

Cheez

7. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well Im heading out to the same spot this afternoon with any luck I might make this a regular report till the thermocline sets in.

8. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Glad to hear someone is getting out, haven't even got the toon in the water yet. Congrats on the catch.

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well I failed to get much action tonight. But I did get some new contacts today even spread the word about the BOC. I just cant fathom how people who are die hard catmen with a puter never found or heard of the BOC go figure

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Sorry wrong spot oops

11. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Here are the pics from that night taken on camera phone
    [​IMG]

12. jerseycat9