Last night at hoover

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BGRUMBLES, Aug 9, 2006.

1. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    Cats were killing shad fishing 25 - 30' of water right in the original river that was damned to create hoover. cast out and let it drop to the bottom with whole fresh shad. The two guys I fish with caught about 16 fish again and the biggest was 15-16 lbs. I am trying to find a digital camera because I am taking one of them out on my boat tonight for another round of slayin the deep cats. They sure fight their butts off coming out of deep water. I landed around a 10 pounder this year on a micro rod and extremely light line. Had to fight him pretty well but it was in shallow water so it worked out. These fish would have snapped that line like a twig how they fight and run in the deep stuff. Local guys holler at me and we can make a night run whenever you want. I am on the honey hole now.

Ben

2. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the catches!! Can't wait til ya get a camera so we can see these cats!!

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds good man, can't wait to hook up and fish again.

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Sounds like you had a great time. FYI...Hoover is only a 10 hp. lake for some that want to hit it with a bigger boat.

5. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    Yeah I have an 85 HP on my boat...can do around 45 mph so not too bad for an aluminum v hull boat. I just use the troller to get to this spot. You know at the hour I fish no wake at all.....and the troller can get me there in 5 minutes so no big deal. Kind of relaxing too not dealing with the rumble from jungle that is my 77 evinrude motor hahahahhaa. I will try to get a digital this weekend, but the ole wallet is gettin stretched thin. If Tea would just go with me once we could use his lol (hint hint). Anyway the next thing I pay for will be the TSS seasonings then the camera.

Ben

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the catch.

7. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I'm planning on going up there this evening.

8. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    same here. I am going up around 930pm to 10pm as I have a late class. I am gonna stop below the damn and net some shad first. I will be on the north end. I will try to get on here before I head out and see what you are up to, that way maybe we can bump into each other.

Ben

9. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I will be there just at dark. I'll be hitting the baldridge ramp. You'll know it's me, several people think I'm from the DNR with the way my boat is set up. If you see me just say hi. I don't think I'm going to catfish tonight, I'll be bowfishing. What area will you be in and what does your boat look like and truck you drive.

10. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    will be in a black dakota, have a tan boat that says LA Z DAZE on the side. you will see the big ole motor propped up. I will launch up north some place, most likely oxbow.....which is REAL close to my honey hole. Maybe we will bump into each other.

11. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    You mean over by the twin bridges area??

12. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    hey buddy it's good to hear that you had agood night. well have to get togeather.

13. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    leaving in ten minutes if you wanna come...door is always open to you brother...was glad to meet you and tea....two honest buddies that I can fish with now and then. Will be out friday too so let me know rob, you always have dibs my friend.

14. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Looks like I'm not going out tonight. Loaded up and the batteries are dead. I'm going out in the morning after these batteries charge up. :sad2:

15. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    went again last night, only caught 2 fish, good eating size.....ended up falling asleep but I didn't have many shad. Gotta get a new anchor too lol....need two of course so you dont drift in circles. I drifted right through the honey hole and that was where I caught the only fish yesternight.

Ben

16. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    yeah ben i would've went last night but i didn't check the boc that late. i think that tea and one of my other buddies are going to go out with me early saturday morning. going to get bait tommorow morning. i want to go out to alum though. i need to find out if tea wants to go there. i just can't drive down there to deer creak, hargus lake, or dillon. gas prices...... well your invited to come out. and if it all falls through. i'm going to go my self. so no matter what i'm goiung