Last minute sales

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by ozzy, Jan 19, 2009.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    So who got a last minute gun sale in? I picked up a new pistol today myself. It was one that Ive been looking at for a while anyways.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Whatcha get buddie?Tell us bout it.:roll_eyes:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I made a post earlier this week ,about not scramblin to buy new guns,Fact is . I'd love to,but when your bent and broke,It aint happnin. I am seriously thinking about a hi point carbine and a companion handgun to go with it tho.

4. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    Flutterby and I went to the range yesterday. We carried her son, 22. Might as well, he loaded 1200 rounds for us last week.
    New or first time people get a pink slip at sign in.
    Lots of new guns and pink slips. Most were 22s and 9mm.

5. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I have plenty I'd say...More'n I shoot regular...
    I wouldn't mind getting a truckload of ammo and/or components though!!!:wink:

Course, I've been wantin' to handle one of those Taurus- Judges.......

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    < I'd love to,but when your bent and broke,It aint happnin.>

AMEN, Richard!!

Bill in SC

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i wouldn't call it a last minute purchase, but i will be buying ammo and components instead of new guns. not that there's nothing i want, but practicality has to take the front seat right now. just bought a bunch of 7.62x39mm ammo, and will be getting abunch of .45, .30-06, and OO buckshot this week. after that it's new grips for the ruger from hogue, and a new stock and forend for the maverick 88, also from hogue. by the may mike, what the heck did ya get?

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think I'll just hold off 'till people stop freaking out. Buying while prices are high makes no sense to me. Have fun with your new gun though!

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Well it aint no magnum but I just fell in love with it. It's a Walther P22 .22 caliber auto. I just wanted a dispatch pistol for hogs or yotes as a backup. I pick it up thursday and get some free range time with it. Gonna get my CCW soon so I can carry while bow hunting legally. They didnt have the OD green one so mine is black with a metal slide.

Attached Files:

10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Those are REALLY nice!

Bill in SC

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Walther:crazy::crazy::crazy: Ya be like James Bond. Wasn't that what he carried in the lil 380? 22 is fun to shoot and a belly full of stingers wouldn't do a man much good either. Hope ya enjoy it.

12. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Nice gun Oz. Haven't bought anything new, like most money is tighter than ever. Hope to get a couple new one's soon though along with some ammo.

oh, almost forgot, I did get a little stainless .25 auto pocket pistol in Dec. My uncle gave it to me.

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    No new guns but have been stocking up on the ammo when on sale.

14. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    that is a sharp looking gun

15. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    Sharp looking gun, I've been loading up on ammo and componets mostly. Especially powder. The powder has been getting harder to find in stock lately.

16. Whistling Dixie

Whistling Dixie New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ozzy,
    Does yours have the barrell weight on it? If so I'll fill you in a little problem wiht the design. We bought one of these for our son for Christmas and it has proven to be a wonderful little weapon and it's very easy for a 7 year old to operate, uder adult supervision of course. The only problem is after approximately 1200 rounds the weight began to move from the repeated recoil. The box has two allen wrenches for tightening the lower screws and the top set screw. You have to remove the weight to disassemble teh weapon so its no big deal to tighten the screws. I took it apart and cleaned it and then put the weight back on and made sure the screws were tight, no more problems. Just keep an eye on it, if it moves the set screw will scratch the barrel as the weight moves forward. Good shooting.

17. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Up on the this mountain we buy possibiles when we can, I think we should. Love you brothers!

18. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Is this for the 3.4" or 5" barrel, Mine is the 3.4" I pick it up tomorrow. Let me know, any info is appreciated. I have 10 rounds of 3 different brands to run through it tomorrow to see what it likes. Thanks Brother.

19. Whistling Dixie

Whistling Dixie New Member

State:
    Texas
    The 3.5" barrel does not have the barrel weight so you shouldn't have any problems. The weight is only used on the 5" models. I think you will really like it, they are small lightweight and easy to shoot. I have three sons and they shoot 500 to 1000 rounds in a days shooting. The gun is very reliable with no failures of any kind. I find it to be an excellent training pistol. Happy Shooting.

20. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I picked it up today but wasnt able to shoot it, the range was packed and people waiting to get in. Hopefully I'll be off sunday' I'll just go to the outdoor range.